• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Positive surgery experiences

Earlier this week I was admitted for minor rectal surgery, at short notice because someone else had cancelled and my surgeon had a free space in his schedule.

I wanted to let you all know how great all the medical proffesionals I met with during the admission were. I know there are a lot of people here who have had negative experiences with doctors so I thought I'd post about the lovely people who dealt with me this time so we can remember there are some good doctors out there!

I already knew my surgeon is a really nice man - he's operated on me five times before. But the aneathetist, the registrar assisting with the surgery, and the many nurses on the wards were all really caring and helpful as well.

I always hate staying in hospital but this was definitely one of the least unpleasant admissions I've had.

If you're going for surgery soon, I hope you'll have great doctors and nurses looking after you too.

Its always good to hear about positive outcomes and experiences. Would you be willing to share who your surgeon is, and where you had the surgery? Might help some others with their choices.

With regards,

Tony.

You know, I've come across some of the kindest, sweetest nurses at various times being in the hospital with Crohn's. One male nurse would make sure to only use pediatric needles to draw my blood, knowing they were drawing it multiple times a day and I was tired of being stuck. He told me they were the needles they would use for infants and toddlers, I never even felt them going in.

Its always good to hear about positive outcomes and experiences. Would you be willing to share who your surgeon is, and where you had the surgery? Might help some others with their choices.

With regards,

Tony.
I'd rather not post it in public, as I like to keep my identity (location, etc.) anonymous here so I feel comfortable discussing really personal things, but if anyone wants to know the hospital and surgeon, send me a private message and I'll reply that way.

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
When I had m resection it was a good experance. My Dr and everyone was really nice and the out come was great. Everyother operation I've had I had comlacations but not with this Dr. He is my age, 61 and we got along really well. They gave me a privet room at the hospital.