• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Possible blood in stool

I know others have seen this happen possibly and was wondering if this happened what should I expect/do . Not 100% sure if it was blood, it could have been tomato sauce from last night from the pizza, but would just like to know in advance if this is to occur what actions would follow after it diet wise and things like than until you get an appointment with a GI.
Sorry real paranoid about things and like to know things in advance.
Thanks.

Lady Organic

Staff member
Try not to panic, it may just be food as you mention it. The next few days and weeks will tell you if its blood or not. If it is contact your GI shortly. Blood from a flare will most likely come with other symptoms such as cramps, abdominal discomfort or painful bowel movements, etc.... Blood can also be present in case of hemorrhoid or anal fissure... wishing you well.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
In the US at least, you can get over the counter fecal occult blood testing strips that you can use at home to see if there is actually blood......might want to look for those if you are not going to see a doctor for a little while.

Just an update it happened once again in a smaller than pea size amt ( same size as last time), i dont recall eating anything in a red shade except peeled apples that might've gotten a peel left behind but the apple was dark red vs the bright red i saw. I experienced no real pain, just some uncomfortable feeling as if i didn't have enough water and it wasn't loose.

If it is after hours ask for whoever is on call. Otherwise, whoever answers will probably give message to the doctor and they will call back. Keep us updated.

If it is after hours ask for whoever is on call. Otherwise, whoever answers will probably give message to the doctor and they will call back. Keep us updated.
Yeah I gave the person on desk a message and let her know the occurrences, hopefully i get a response since i dont wannt to wait till my appointment which is weeks from now. Thanks

Gi said not to worry as it could be the cause of the imuran not working yet, or like i thought from food, and just said to keep an eye on it. Hopefully it is nothing more than that.