• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Possible Crohns diagnosis

Hello all, I'm new to this site but I'm looking for some advise

I've been having symptoms of ibd for over 2 years now, I've had colonoscopy with biopsies which we're normal, ct scan, endoscopy, white cell scan along with other various test, all which have come back normal...

I have been admitted into hospital 6 times now due to the symptoms especially the pain from my stomach which is unbearable. They have even removed my appendix last year but that showed up as scar tissue when it was sent to the lab.

On recent admission my inflammatory blood markers were significantly raised, ct scan showed thinkning lining of the bowel, so they performed colonoscopy again which has showed red patched and ulcers by the terminal ileum they have taken biopsies of which I am awaiting results.

Does this sound like they have finally found Crohn's disease??

I would be greatful for your input

Many thanks

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

Unfortunately it can take a long time to dx Crohn's. Hopefully the biopsies will shed more light on things.

Check out the Undiagnosed subforum. You are not alone.

Sending you my support.

They have started me on a mild steroid today to see if that helps with things whilst I wait for the results, it's good to know there are other people out there in the same situation

Thanks for your reply Dave