• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Possible Crohn's??

Hi!!! I've suffered with this my entire life I'm afraid...just never knew what it was. I would chug a bottle of Pepto on the way to the beach as a child so didn't have to stop 20 times on our 4hr ride. I literally have diarrhea at Lear 25 times a day, if not more. I do not remember the last solid poo I had!! It definitely gets worse the week before and the week of period....not sure why...it's almost unbearable. ......and the pain....the pain is horrid. Sometimes I can't make it to the bathroom....now, that's just embarrassing...it doesn't matter what I eat...or what I drink. It's guaranteed to come back out within 10min, at the most. I've had the barrium enigma. Which turned out fine. What's the next step??? I can't continue to live like this!!!!! It's gone on far too long. And is there something someone has found that works that's not meds????? I'm going to the dr on the 7 I think. But I need something now!!!!!!

Does this sound like IBS or Crohn's???? I've always thought ibs so I thought there was nothing that could be done to help me....advice please???? God bless u all

No, not yet. I have yet another drs visit with my family doctor soon. However, my grandmother was recently diagnosed with Crohn's... And my mother has suffered from the same symptoms her entire life, but refuses to acknowledge that something is wrong. I simply cannot continue to live like this. I'm 29yrs old, the pepto trips were when I was 10....it's beyond ridiculous at this point lol

Isn't amazing what we learn to live with.
Then one day it hits us that it's not normal.

YES, it's not normal. Whether it's IBD or IBS, it's NOT normal.

Here's a few question.

Do you have any joint pain, eye pains and or skin problems. Not that you have to have these for IBD.

Have they ever given you meds for your IBS? Did it work?

Ever have blood in your stool?

As far as the trips to the bathroom, have you tried fiber? It can help some. Also you can ask for prescription strength stuff to help that area.

Remember MAKE the doctors explain to you what is wrong. If they say it can't be this, then ask what is it.

HUGS

You'd really need a colonoscopy and endoscopy to diagnose Crohn's. There are a lot of other possible causes of your symptoms besides Crohn's and IBS, and these tests would detect or rule out quite a lot of them.

Why don't you want meds? If you can find the right ones for your condition, and for many people are worth the risks and side effects. You could try loperamide for diarrhoea. It wouldn't treat Crohn's (if that's what you have), but it helps with the diarrhoea symptoms and is a very safe drug with few side effects.

What sort of non-med treatment do you have in mind? It sounds like you've already tried experimenting with diet. Besides medications and diet, there aren't too many things that are proven to help with diarrhoea.