• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Post Chemotherapy Cognative Impairment

Well at least now I know why I am so forgetful. My GI has ordered a host of tests but believes I have PCCI. Apparently for some cancer is never over, and the side effects just keep on giving. I thought since I took two relatively short and lower end courses of chemotherapy both for cancer and Methotrexate for Crohn's I was safer, but some people are more prone than others to this disorder.

:sign0085: Has anyone heard of this? Any info/support. good wishes, hus would be great. Thanks guys :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh my Jeannette...:hug::hug::hug:...I have never heard of this. :(

I am so sorry to hear that this is a possibility for you and that I can't be of more help.

Sending you loads of hugs, luck and healing thoughts your way! :heart:

Dusty. xxx

:hug::hug::hug: It is apparently the medical term for "chemo fog". I'm not sure of the extent of it, more tests are required both cognitive and brain scans.

It is not reversible, per se, but you can rebuild neuropathways through mental exercises so that's the route I'm heading in for now.

My doctor did sign me up for online treatment on this site: http://www.lumosity.com/ Not to advertise or anything, but it seems like the exercises could help just about anyone, and it is free (though you can sign up for full access for a fee).

I'm trying to stay hopeful. It's hard because though I have periods of clarity, I tend to grope for words and struggle with details in conversation, and people tend to be wary of me when I act this way. Maybe they think I'm on drugs, IDK, but it has given me a new albeit limited perspective on what those who are mentally impaired face from the general public.

Thank you for the support and hugs :D :thumright:

Lumosity is very good!! I haven't really used it enough to have a benefit, but there is a girl on my team at work with ADD whom it had helped immensely.