• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Post surgery question

Greetings one and all. I haven't been on in a while but I was looking for information. I had my first resection (had my cherry popped) in February of this year. Only had small section of ileum removed,12 inches plus had remaining section straightened out due to kinks and twist. Follow up to this was 5 days after being released back in hospital for 4 days with undefined sepsis. Never do find out what caused it. Follow that up with gallbladder removal 3 months after that. Since release have not been on anything but amitriptyline. Was on humira pre-surgery. Question is this. 10 months post op and symptoms have returned to near pre-biologic levels.

Send rate has been normal as well as I am gaining weight . GI has scheduled another scope in January to see what's going on. He said that 30% of resection patients can see a reoccurrence of the disease within 2 years. Has anyone heard of or had the disease within 1 year? Curious if it could be something else this soon. Thanks and to all a good night .

My son had an ileocecectomy last year. A follow up scope several months after looked pristine but biopsies showed that active CD had returned.

My son's surgeon and his GI both said that reoccurrence at the anastomosis site after surgery was common. This was where the biopsies showed active inflammation.