• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Post your motivational pictures!

I don't know about you, but I get tired of working out and need something to help me going. I found a forums elsewhere that has motivational pictures. Here a few, I will post more later, but feel free to add your own!

Last edited:

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Thanks so much for posting these. Definitely in need of motivation. I haven't lost a single pound since going off steroids a couple of months ago and have been getting fed up (it appears another, tentatively diagnosed, condition could be a major part of the lack of the problem).

Didn't want to go to the gym tonight for my strength training class but should pick myself up and go. I'm rarely inspired by images, to be honest, but the images of the *strong* females has done the trick today. When it feels like nothing's working...keep going anyway, eh.

wow all these women are very muscular. I can't wait till i feel better to work out. But right now if i bend over it makes me cramp. I got down to 128 when i was on prednisone and then i lost the hyperactiveness and went back up to 138 after moon face set in. I would just like to be able to "feel" like i could work out. When my flare is gone i will be taking before and after photos.

Not sure if those made me feel better (as in it's possible to look that good) or worse (about the current size of my ass!!) :)

I have been doing some "hot yoga" lately, but it kicked my ASS last night. I think if I can stay motivated it might make a difference... I would like to look like Jennifer Aniston! I have her old hairdo, does that sorta count? LOL

WOOT! That's some great motivation there, thanks for sharing! Sorry all I have not been on the forums in forever, but was down in AZ doing some training.

Glad to be back, I have kept up with my running while away. It was very tough in the heat, but did okay. Last night went for a run, did 2 miles in 15:47 and a total of 3.4 miles in 34 minutes. If you have an android and i believe iphone as well then you should look at the app endomondo it is what I use to track my time while i am running and works well!

Not sure if those made me feel better (as in it's possible to look that good) or worse (about the current size of my ass!!) :)

I have been doing some "hot yoga" lately, but it kicked my ASS last night. I think if I can stay motivated it might make a difference... I would like to look like Jennifer Aniston! I have her old hairdo, does that sorta count? LOL
Time and effort will get you there! The biggest problem is eating the correct foods. I am not saying don't quit the soda and snacks, but try to eat/ drink less than you normally do and you could be amazed.

My wife's friend was drinking ten 20oz Mt Dew's a day! Ten in single DAY! She forced herself down to 3 and she lost 15lbs in 4 weeks.

PS: on the Jennifer Aniston look wowie is she smoking in the movie Horrible Bosses which I suggest everyone see who is older than 18. Laughed my arse off!

If you want I can send them to your email just pm me if you'd like. BTW anyone doing the half marathon in Vegas?

I am going to an info meeting about it on the 18th to see what all is involved before I jump in.

If you want I can send them to your email just pm me if you'd like. BTW anyone doing the half marathon in Vegas?

I am going to an info meeting about it on the 18th to see what all is involved before I jump in.
I really really want to, but I don't think that's enough time to prepare.

Was able to get in 3.85 miles last night with the wife, 2 of those miles were running at a 8:24min/mile pace.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Holy cow LTHuff... that is fast, guess the carrot in front of you is one of those "motivational" girls butts ;).

Good you are back.

defo some good motivation pics and quotes in this thread. im one of these people that find it hard to get motivated to have a work out, especially after a long day and work and even more so (in the UK) that its getting colder and the nights are drawing in.

ive gone for a gym set up in my garage and one thing i was going to do was print off some of the things people have said in the past when i havent seem them for ages (friends from school, uni etc), and hang them up on the wall. some of the things that people have said that has made me really hit the weights and cardio hard are:

"god, youve lost weight"
"blimey, youve lost all your muscle"
"i take it you dont go down the gym anymore"
"that tops too big for you"

i seem to have put quite a bit of weight back on, and it seems to be gathering up in the wrong places, and what with starting remicade in a few weeks, im hoping, with fingers crossed, that it will put me in remission and i'll be in my gym/garage non-stop.

i also think music is a great motivator - so i'll have the stereo in there linked to my ipod with the house music banging!!

Yeah yesterday was a tough day so i definitely didn't want to go run. I shouldn't have either as my messed my achillies up on some hills. So now I have to go easier and try and let it heal before i begin training hard again.

Hopefully some of these photos and sayings can get you all in the mood to continue on and persevere through our crappy disease. Hope today is a good day for you all!

Brb. Let me turn into the Hulk. Give me a few years.
Good luck with that, every time I have dried i just get toned, eat like a horse but in the end I couldn't afford to eat the much that is needed to truly bulk up. Then of course once i am on a roll I either get sick or injured... crappy circle of working out.

Good luck with that, every time I have dried i just get toned, eat like a horse but in the end I couldn't afford to eat the much that is needed to truly bulk up. Then of course once i am on a roll I either get sick or injured... crappy circle of working out.
I was sort of joking when I said what I said.

Anyways, I know what you mean. Every time you make big gains and a flare comes along, you start losing them. It's like a cycle.

I've been down that road too many times. It's sad. 20lb of muscle gained in 3-4 months, gone after a flare lol. what a waste.

I wouldnt mind looking like Jillian Micheals. She is toned but not manly looking. I have been exercising for 2 weeks so far and I feel pretty good. My husband and I are going to Mexico in Dec and I want to wear a bikini.

I'd have to agree with you, Lydia. She is one of the hotter looking female workout models, or whatnot. Definitely something to shoot for.

I took this picture using my digital camera mounted on the back of my telescope.
It took me many hours to get this shot of the distant Andromeda galaxy M31.
There were times I thought I would not get it...but I did...cause I kept reaching for the stars...:)
It motivates me still.

Attachments

defo some good motivation pics and quotes in this thread. im one of these people that find it hard to get motivated to have a work out, especially after a long day and work and even more so (in the UK) that its getting colder and the nights are drawing in.

ive gone for a gym set up in my garage and one thing i was going to do was print off some of the things people have said in the past when i havent seem them for ages (friends from school, uni etc), and hang them up on the wall. some of the things that people have said that has made me really hit the weights and cardio hard are:

"god, youve lost weight"
"blimey, youve lost all your muscle"
"i take it you dont go down the gym anymore"
"that tops too big for you"

i seem to have put quite a bit of weight back on, and it seems to be gathering up in the wrong places, and what with starting remicade in a few weeks, im hoping, with fingers crossed, that it will put me in remission and i'll be in my gym/garage non-stop.

i also think music is a great motivator - so i'll have the stereo in there linked to my ipod with the house music banging!!
Ergh, I know how you feel. Putting months into getting stronger, then losing it all in a few weeks from a flare up. Music seems to be a better motivator than images for me, I guess because you can't just look away. :D These are really nice motivators though.

My mum is a fitness fanatic and occasional sports model. I wish I enjoyed working out as much as she did - right now she's on a 10km run in the middle of a bloody heat wave. It pays off though.

It has been a while, but figure I would share that over Memorial Weekend I ran the Bolder Boulder 10k with some family members. I had not run since the half marathon in December because of knee issues and pure laziness.

I did fairly well with finishing at 1 hr and 2 min. I was expecting more like 1 hr 10 minutes.