• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Postpartum symptoms

Hi there,

I haven't been on here for a while as Ive been pregnant and had a healthy baby girl on 7 Feb. Humira until 26 weeks into pregnancy, but otherwise fortunately symptoms went away during the pregnancy.

Went back onto Humira 3 weeks after birth and baby was 5 weeks early as I have an incompetent cervix and had a stitch in place from 14 weeks onwards. Spontaneous labor and normal delivery.

For the last week I have started getting pains in my mid section - usually crohns is on the right side - in the terminal ileum. Also accompanied with nausea, especially when I am sleeping. I am breastfeeding.

Anyone had similar symptoms or just general information on how you felt post partum and your management of crohns.

I felt great until my baby turned 6 months and started to flare. I had stopped my meds before (I was on 6mp) getting pregnant because I had been well for so long, I wanted to see if I could go off meds and also preferred carrying a child without being on 6mp. Anyway, so I had a bad flare in October and I'm just getting better now. I used to have RLQ pain but this time it was more around the belly button, and crampy/squishy (I do have a stricture). I also had a lot of upper GI symptoms and so much nausea, I lived on zofran. I lost 20 pounds quickly. So I was put back on prednisone and 6mp and just started remicade.