• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pottasium level 3.6

Usually your levels would have to be quite lower than normal for it to cause problems. However, you may want to get your levels checked every once in a while just to keep an eye on it. But for now, I wouldn't be concerned about it, as your level is pretty average.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
It is borderline but otherwise okay and you wouldn’t have any issues with it at this level.

Both of my kids have Ileal disease and when flaring their levels always drop well below normal and need normalising when in hospital. Now they are in remission, whilst their levels are normal, they always sit at the lower end of the normal reference range and I would have to assume it is due to malabsorption, they have both had resections. I do ensure they eat some of the high potassium foods.

Dusty. xxx