• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pr bleeding and mucous with moviprep

Hi all. I am due a colonoscopy and gastroscope tomorow and have an hour ago finished my first batch of prep. (moviprep) urghhhh! I have been to the toilet once already and passed a lot of blood and mucous. Is this normal? Please help

nogutsnoglory

That is not normal at all. Do you have blood usually or is this a new symptom? Please advise your doctor before your exam and if you happen to lose lots of blood goto the ER.

You can lose blood in your stool after a colonoscopy because many times polyps are removed. Don't be concerned if that occurs, but having it beforehand is not a good sign.

Hi all. I am due a colonoscopy and gastroscope tomorow and have an hour ago finished my first batch of prep. (moviprep) urghhhh! I have been to the toilet once already and passed a lot of blood and mucous. Is this normal? Please help
The same thing happened to my daughter, so she did not drink all the prep that was prescribed and they were still able to do the colonoscopy with no problem. Hope it goes well for you today.

Hi thanks for the replies. Well had my scopes and they said it looks normal but have taken multiple biopsies. So looks like I don't have Crohn's or uc hopefully:) will wait for biopsies but it would show up wouldn't it surely?

Hi thanks for the replies. Well had my scopes and they said it looks normal but have taken multiple biopsies. So looks like I don't have Crohn's or uc hopefully:) will wait for biopsies but it would show up wouldn't it surely?
I would think so. They could clearly see my daughter's Crohns when they did her scope, but it most likely depends on its severity.

Sorry about your daughters diagnosis Lisa. I will just have to wait for the biopsies now I guess! Glad the procedure is over with :)