• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pred and nausea?

For the past week or so I've been getting horrible nausea and loss of appetite. My ibd symptoms have not increased in severity (i.e diarrhea etc) but I do have a little more pain after eating.

Could this be pred taper related? I am on my second attempt at tapering off pred. Last time I got to ~10mg and flared up again. This time I am down to 9mg and just started having these horrible symptoms. I am tapering 1mg every 2 weeks now so it is a very slow taper.

Should I put in call to my rheumatologist/GI?

all pred has ever done to me is a huge case of eat anything and everything in sight.

looking at your other meds .. DHC (opioid based drug) causes nausea big time, ask about taking CYCLIZINE as it might be more suited than domperidone, its a antihistamine that stops the nausea and the itches that come with DHC.

Turns out I had some dodgy meat :-/ Purchased on the 14th, consumed on the 15th, use by date the 7th.... Didn't notice until a few days later

I'm all better now. Thanks for all the replies :)