• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Predfoam issues

Hello.
I'm supposed to take a predfoam enema every day for a month. Tried it for the first time today and I only lasted for about 15 mins before I had to go to the toilet! Felt like a waste of time.
Anyone have any advice? I made sure I went to the toilet before I took the enema but it made no difference. It was quite an uncomfortable experience.

Tony H

i found the best way to take predfoam or any other kind of enema is to take it in a nice warm bed , even holding it in for 15 minutes will help and you should notice a difference in a week or so if its going to work , the predfoam is the easiest on your system as very little prednisone is absorbed into your bloodstream , hope it works for you .