• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisone and Osteoporosis with Crohn's Disease

S

Sparrow

Haven't been on here in a while, site looks good:thumright:
Been real busy, and been dealing with CD crap, been on this prednisone for over a year now and did a bone density test recently and now have Osteoporosis, yay lucky me! Thanks good old prednisone:ymad: Well hope you are are doing well!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Sorry to hear that Sparrow :(. At least it is now known and can be dealt with. Glad to see you back, and hope things start to improve.

S

Sparrow

Ya its treatable but just another thing to have to deal with and more meds:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: lol well last night i had a good time forgetting about it and now im hangin and it sux :cool:

V

Valentina

hi Sparrow! nice to see you back posting.
Im in calcium since a bad bone scan as well :(
I know how you feel.. not the end of the world, can be treated.. but just another pill to add to the pile for the rest of your life. ffs.

hope your feeling a bit better now.

M

meowsie

good to see ya again, Sparrow. Glad the calcium thing is treatable. Just chalk it up (har dee har har... chalk) to another pill in the morning. ;)

Kev

Sorry to hear about the osteoporosis... Hope the calcium supplements work out. Did anyone mention whether you needed to take anything else in conjunction with the calcium in order for your body to properly absorb it? I vaguely recall (thats the problem with my memory - vague at times about the details) hearing that in order to properly absorb calcium, one needed to take something else.. It may have been potassium, or magnesium.. something along those lines. Anyone any info on the topic? Perhaps our GNC guy has some info to offer on this topic