• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisone and Teeth Hurting

I have been reviewing the side effects and others who have had teeth issues while on Prednisone. My question is this - I have 5 teeth on one side that are hurting really bad since Saturday. The Dentist checked it out last month and said everything was fine (it was one tooth then). The level of pain has increased all weekend. I've been on Prednisone over 2 months - does this sound like a side effect of the Prednisone with the level of pain or should I go back to the dentist?

I guess I could be grinding them when I'm sleeping but have been trying to be leary of that..

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

It could be a sign of osteocronistis brought on by extended prednisone use, I'd inform your GP and ask what to do and make another appointment with your dentist.

I have had tooth sensitivity. I've mentioned it to my doctor and he doesn't seem too concerned by it. It is wicked annoying though, when I eat cold things.