• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisone , can it help IBS ?

prednisone , can it help IBS ?

ok daft question can prednisone help ibs in any way , ive looked into how this drug works and im just looking for a bit of assistance , i have been taking this for a week and a half and i love it !!!! i cant belive how well its worked nearly normal poo , no pain, bleeding ect... my question is could i still have IBS and could this be working on this to make this better ?? i wouldnt have thought so as i am thinking IBS is a functional thing ?? x

oh and got ct results back , boweles normal but i have some likey liver cysts ??? xxx

As far as I know, IBS shouldn't respond to pred, but I am no expert, just going on what I have picked up on here.

I will move you over to the treatment forum to see if they can help you out there :)

ah super thanks stargirrrl , i wouldnt have thought i would either as im sure theres no inflammation with IBS , but im sure that my GI will try and tell me that it works in IBS too haha xx