• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisone not working.

Have any of you not had luck with Prednisone? This has been 5 days for me, and of course I love how much I want to eat... but I've still got the constant pain. The first 3 days were actually okay and I even had energy!

I'm going back to the doctor on Thursday and I'm sure he's going to want to start me on Remicade or Humira or something. But I still have $1500 left on my deductible.

Will the doctor give me any cheaper options for this pain?? I definitley don't want to be on Prednisone anymore if it's not going to work!

----
Just realized still having the blood in my stool. Pain is localized to mid to lower tummy and of course the stomach when I'm eating anything.

Last edited:

nogutsnoglory

I'm not sure you should rule it out after only 5 days. It is a fast acting drug but it can take a few days to begin helping and gradually.

Doc might start you on IV pred, also let him know all of your symptoms, if things aren't even slightly improving it could be an infection of some sort. Hope you feel better soon!