• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisone

prednisone

My boyfriend (thatguy2006) has been on prednisone for his crohn's for awhile now. Sometimes he gets snappy or bitchy about everything. Recently I had an allergic reaction to something and my doctor put me on 40 mg of prednisone for 5 days. I HATE THE WORLD!! I have never felt like clawing someones eyes out for being in the 20 items or less lane at walmart that has 21 items. I have a new found respect for him and prednisone. :ymad:

Welcome to the wonderful world of prednisone!!! How about sleeplessness and that constant dying of hunger feeling - have you had those, too?!!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Yeah - now would be a good time to clean out the closet, scrub the toilet, organize every frikin thing in the house...
Use the pred energy to your advantage.

You said 40mg for 5 days. Are you then weaning off of it? Not sure if you can just quit it after 5 days on it. Or maybe that is a short enough time to not affect you.(effect? damn that word!) Anyone chime in on this?

yup, not tapering needed on short bursts as far as i know.

get in and out before the body depends on it.

and yeah, clean the house, go crazy!

i think i'll vote for pred in the next australian elections:D

Rofl yah, i cleaned my room like CRAZY! and im usually the BIGGEST SLOB lol. And the constant hunger! argh!!!! I am on 20 mg, just went down.

nope, no tapering for the short runs.

ive done the 5 day thing twice for ulcer flare ups in my throat. the days go: 40, 40, 30, 20, 10, 0

lol dan:D

and yeah, i've self medicated this dosage before as well. probably not the smartest thing, but damn it works well some times.

It's been before an important event that I want to be well for.

family/friends wedding, holidays and so on.

Not only do I get well for the occasion, but I also have that lovely Pred Glow....!!!!

hmm that is quite a tempting idea!
however i dont ever have extra pred just chillin around the house.
and i also feel awful for at least 2 days during the taper. even the 5 day taper. prolly not worth it for meee