• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Preggaz

preggaz

Hey, long time no talk!!! I'm pregnant, but only just.

8 weeks. Haven't told anyone yet. Saw heartbeat on scan at 6 weeks. Cross your fingers for me everyone. I'm feeling pretty rough!!

Lots of love,

Violet.

xxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
There you are!!!!!!! Now I know what you have been up too lately ;). :lol: Congrats to you !!!! I am so happy for ya. :banana:

You say you are feeling rough how? How can we help you? Please keep us updated more, so nice to get good news.

Oh Hi Pen!!!!!!!!!! How're you getting on? I haven't been on the forum for sooooo long so I'm really out of touch with what's been happening for everyone. I'm feeling exhausted & pukey. I don't think the Crohn's likes this new development either as my sides have started to get really sore again. It's so hard to cope at work, especially when I don't want to tell anyone until I'm through the first trimester. I know that it's early days & anything could happen. It's lovely to be back - I'm going to come in here more regularly now. Thanks for your kind thoughts, Love Violet. xxx PS, it feels weird to be telling someone other than my partner of course!!!!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I know how you feel. When I was pregnant 23 years ago and just prior to my Crohns attacks and dx... I felt pukey and tired all the time, so I am not thinking it is the Crohns, pregnancy has symptoms all their own. I remember I tried to make my self puke and didnt matter, still felt that way. Hopefully you dont have it all the way through, most times only till after the first trimester. I agree with keeping it quiet but I can't do that I have to tell :lol:

I used to crave raisin pie and instant coffee all the way to 9months, til this day I hate instant coffee or raisin pie. LOL

So glad you are back! I for one missed you!:)

Awww thanks Pen. Are any of the old crew still around? Farm? Lishy? Santos? Shantel? (Peaches)? I don't see many familiar names on here. I've totally gone off chocolate (except for bueno for some reason). Yuk, even the thought of it makes me want to hurl, lol.

xxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Nope they are all gone, probably cause of the problems that were cause on here, but many precautions have been taken place now and no tollerance for rudness.. Too bad cause I missed them.

So you stay put ok? :nonono:

Hi there!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I, too, am pregnant. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. I've been feeling really bad lately also, if you ever want to complain to me!

I think I remember seeing you around maybe back when I first joined :0)

Congratulations again!!!

amanda

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Congrats! ...hopefully the feelings are from being preggers, and the puking...remember you use different muscles when you puke!.....Hope that part passes quickly for you.....when my sister was pregnant, she had morning, day, afternoon, night sickness for pretty much the whole pregnancy! ...Here is wishing you DO NOT!

Yay, Violet!!

I am living vicariously through everyone who's getting preggers. The hubby and I aren't in a financial state to have any little ones just yet...plus I'm waiting to hear the official "Remission!" from my docs!

I hope the nausea passes for you. What an exciting time in your life :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Violet, :bigwave:

Oh wow, how exciting for you and your partner! YAY!

I hope all goes well and please keep us posted!

All the very best to you both, :congratualtions:

Dusty.

We haven't met yet, but I wanted to extend my Congratulations. :congratualtions:
I remember when I first found out I was pregnant, keeping that secret was the hardest one to keep. :mbh: You must be so excited. I was sick with my son on and off through whole pregnancy, with my daughter as well, but much worse with her. :puke_r: I ended up losing weight in the beginning. You know what, it was all worth it. I would do it all again. They are the most amazing people I know. I think about having another child, but now that they are getting older, I'm not sure I want to start from the beginning again.
Hang in there, the end result is better than you could ever imagine!!!

:goodluck: :hang:

Hey, thank you all for the lovely thoughts & well wishing!!!! I'm finding that if I eat little & often I can handle the nausea a bit better. I've been having weird sacrum / coccyx discomfort - think that's the crohn's though. Really hope that it doesn't go beyond simmering. I'm trying not to be *too* neurotic (but it's difficult!!!!). I'm going for the combined test in a few weeks time (bloods in a week & nuchal scan in about 3 weeks). Hope it shows really REALLY low risk. We're paying for the test at a private clinic because the NHS drag their heels with dates & I feel like I need to know as soon as possible. Such an anxious time!!!!! xxxx

Astra

Hey Violet

when I was pregnant I ate Ginger biscuits, they really do work for nausea!
I found that if I ate a couple before I got out of bed, I felt better, so keep some on your bedside table to nibble on in the mornings
stay well
xxx

Hey, 12 weeks pregnant today. Got the nuchal scan & results of that combined with blood tests on Wednesday (eeeeeek). Nausea has eased a little but still feel exhausted. Have been able to eat a MUCH, MUCH wider ranger of foods since I became pregnant, without horrendous pay back. I've even eaten rocket & I've eaten curry!!!!!!!!!! I've also eaten nectarines, pineapple & grapes! I've really missed decent food. It's great to have a bit of respite from mashed potato & other bland foods or fortijuice.

How is everyone?

Astra

Hey Violet!

That is fab news, 12 weeks! YAY!
It's great that you're eating well too!
I'm doing well too, just nearly finished the Pred, one more week at 5mg then I'm done! (for now anyway!)
Take care and we'll see you soon
Joan xxx

Congrats Violet! Hope everthing is going well!!! Babies are such exciting news...even when I don't know you :) Keep all of us mommies up to date with what's going on? There's alot more to life than Crohn's, and a precious baby will help us all keep our minds on the positives of life!!
Ps Just to let you know I've had to children since being diagnosed...both healthy babies born, not premature, on Pred for both.

Hey!! Glad you are doing well and hope you continue to do well!!

I'm 15 weeks along and feel so freaking sick. Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, no appetite, yuck. It gives me hope knowing you're doing okay! Maybe my time will come soon.

:thumright:I missed you on the forum Violet, so happy for you-congratulations! Have you heard of Sea Bands? They are acupuncture bracelets for nausea from motion sickness, but I hear they work great for morning sickness,too. Best wishes!

:congratualtions::ghug:

Hello all!!!!!! It's lovely to read all of your messages & get up to date with what's going on for everyone. Gahh, I'm so nervous about the scan tomorrow.

Super quickie as I'm in clinic at work & I've got my first client in 10 mins.
About the sea bands....I tried them for the crohn's nausea before I'd been diagnosed but they didn't help. Wonder if it would be different for morning sickness? Think I've still got them somewhere so I'll dig them out & give them another go!

Violet, they didn't work for me either with Crohn's nausea; but they did work when I wore them on a cruise and for the nausea I get from Flagyl.

It was a good look on the cruise-grey '70's sweatbands; I even rocked them in the pool lol!

Hi there!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I, too, am pregnant. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. I've been feeling really bad lately also, if you ever want to complain to me!

I think I remember seeing you around maybe back when I first joined :0)

Congratulations again!!!

amanda
Hey, are you still feeling as rough? Have you been seeing your gastro Dr since you became pregnant? Hope things ease off for you ASAP. xxx

Yes!!! I feel bad. It's not terrible, I can function, just can't eat much. Still losing some weight with the vomiting and diarrhea that i've been having going on. I am seeing my GI doc. I've had constant inflammation and symptoms since I was diagnosed 11 years ago, but it seems to be getting worse instead of getting better. He put me on Asacol, and i'm still on Humira once a week, nexium, zofran, and bentyl.

I am hoping that things turn around soon, I'm glad you're able to eat good stuff! Gives me hope!! I'm now 15 weeks, baby is all well :0) We find out if it is a boy or girl on Monday!!

Exciting Amanda!! About finding out if it's a boy or girl on Monday....not feeling totally icky!

I hope things turn around for you soon. Hopefully it's just a rough trimester that will ease up a bit eventually. :)

HellooooOOOOooo.

Nuchal scan & combined test result showed really low risk, phew. Need to start thinking about how to tell people now. Want to start telling people because I'm beginning to look like I've eaten all of the pies.

Hey Amanda, how's it all going? Hope you're doing ok.

xx

Violet...if you need some interesting ideas how to tell people...I have some fun ones. I don't like just saying "hey, I'm pregnant." I'm more one of those people who likes to do it in an interesting way :)

Violet...if you need some interesting ideas how to tell people...I have some fun ones. I don't like just saying "hey, I'm pregnant." I'm more one of those people who likes to do it in an interesting way :)
Am intrigued! What did you do? I started telling people yesterday.

Hi Amanda, I feel pretty good thanks but what about you? Have you been any better? Are you gaining weight / showing a bump? Hope you're starting to feel less ill. What are the Dr's recommending?

xxx

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
HellooooOOOOooo.

Nuchal scan & combined test result showed really low risk, phew. Need to start thinking about how to tell people now. Want to start telling people because I'm beginning to look like I've eaten all of the pies.

Hey Amanda, how's it all going? Hope you're doing ok.

xx
Tee hee...when we broke the news to my mother in law.....we were showing pictures of our new house being built, finished with that then handed over an envelope with 'one more' picture.....guess what it was of?.....

I'm glad you are good!

I'm still not so good. Throwing up at least 3-4 times a day after meals. It's rough! I'm staying a little steady on my weight right now, I have lost some, but right now holding okay. I've been putting some protein powder in milkshakes that I get, and I can keep that down. I think that's helping. Just more solid foods don't want to stick.

Their suggestion for me was to take Reglan before meals and at night. I'm pretty sure that Reglan was on my sensitivity list, but I've been trying it and still throwing up with it. It's very frustrating and have been getting anxiety about it!

Baby is doing good, though. I am finally starting to get a little belly! It's funny, because I went from having nothing, to in a couple of days having a belly that I clearly can not hide!

How about you? Showing at all yet? It makes me happy that there is someone else out there who is pregnant with Crohns and can share experiences with me!

Pasobuff- I LOVE that!! I was very unoriginal. I just called my mom up and blabbed it on the phone, i couldnt' help it!

Manzy,

I have a little bump now too. I'm really small & I think it tends to show quite early on with small people (am in week 15 now)!!! My usual clothes (things like trousers in particular) don't fit over the bump now. What's 'reglan'? Is it an anti-nausea drug? Keep updating us!

xx

Pasobuff, I too was unoriginal. I just blurted the news. People were quite shocked because I don't think they expected us to have a baby (all being well, by the time the baby is born we will have been together for 17 years!!!!! We don't tend to rush into things, haha!!).

Just had my second appointment with the midwife. Took her ages to find the heartbeat (my partner's face looked completely horrified). Turns out my uterus is growing to the right. Hope that doesn't mean something dreadful. Anybody heard of this?

Hey! glad to hear you're doing well! I'm almost 18 weeks along now! crazy. Reglan is a medication they gave me b/c they said it would help my stomach empty food properly and hopefully won't throw up as much.

I haven't ever heard of the uterus growing to the right, but i have a friend who has a backwards uterus! They said it would correct itself after the baby is born. Did the midwife seem concerned about that?

I have an inverted uterus as well! Found that out after an ultrasound, before we knew I had Crohn's, and they thought I was suffering from ovarian cysts.

Hi. Found out today that the stupid midwife I saw for my frst appointment a month ago (not the one I saw yesterday) didn't bother to refer me to the maternity hospital for my 20 week scan. She also hasn't bothered to refer me to the high risk obstetrician. The NHS is a disgrace.

Hey all, 20 weeks & 2 days now!!!! Am full of cold with a nasty cough. Bump is very, very obvious now. Was difficult to determine the gender at the 20 week scan as the baby kept crossing it's legs! The sonographer said she was 70% sure it's a girl.

Manzy, you ok???

Hey!! I was on here last night and was wondering how you are doing.

I am moving right along. I'm at almost 24 weeks (well, Saturday will be 24 weeks) Man, craziness. I am finally starting to get a belly that is noticable! People have been waiting for it, and finally it is starting to pop. I'm still able to wear my regular shirts, but have to wear maternity pants, barely! lol

Still only have gained a pound. It's rough trying to eat normally. Having a lot of vomiting and diarrhea. I just don't think that's going to get much better for me. Baby is very healthy and growing right on schedule, so the doc isn't too worried for now.

How are you feeling? Have you talked about how you are going to deliver? c-section vs. vaginal birth?

Hi Manzy, Good to hear from you.

Sorry to hear that the vomiting & diarrhoea have continued. How are your energy levels? It's great news that the baby is growing on schedule! Did you find out the gender of the baby?

I'm feeling good, apart from having a cough & cold but I suppose that's to be expected at this time of year in the UK. I'm having an elective c-section. To be completely honest, this is what I would have chosen even if I didn't have a diagnosis of crohn's. I'm going to bottle feed after the birth as my medication passes through breast milk (but not through the placenta).

I'm feeling quite aprehensive about the hospital care - I don't have a lot of faith in the system so far as there have been several hitches & mistakes on the part of the midwife & the hospital booking system. I'm insisting that my partner administers my crohn's meds when I'm in hospital, as I don't trust the staff to do this correctly & on time & I'm not prepared to risk a huge flare up after the birth (I at least want to reduce the chance of it flaring like mad, by making sure that I remain on my maintenance meds - I'm sure it WILL flare but hopefully on the meds, it'll be at a level whereby I can manage).

Keep in touch Manzy!

xxxx

We are having a girl!!! We're going to name her Sadie. I really loved the name Zoe, but Sadie beat it out :0)

Some days I do a whole lot better than others! Energy level is pretty bad some days, then again, some days are better. I'm finally able to get back to the gym some and that's definitely helping my energy/mood so much. The gym is my happy place!

I think I am going for the C-section as well. Since I'm already flaring, I'm terrified of tearing down there and getting the nasty cycle of abscesses and fistulas and things down there. Doc said they can happen at the incision site also, but I would much rather get that in my belly than in my girlie parts!

The whole thing is nerve wrecking!

We're finally going to start putting her room together next week. We wanted to wait until after the holidays to get all that started. yippee!

Glad you are doing well :0) and it was good to hear from you!

hey, just found out i'm preggo as well. (literally like 1-2 weeks now I think) :D Good to hear some of the stuff from you other ladies, I will be looking for updates. :)
Congrats!

*(NO comments on the facebook profile yet..this is definitely on the DL yet.)*

23 weeks & 2 days pregnant now.

I saw the consultant obstetrician for the first time yesterday & she has point blank refused to let me opt for a c-section. I would never, ever have decided to become pregnant if I though I would be forced to go through a vaginal birth & risk tearing / cutting / damage to muscle control. I am so upset about this & have asked for a second opinion but as the woman I saw yesterday is clinical lead, I doubt very much whether I have a hope in hell.

That's ridiculous!!! My OB isn't thrilled on doing C-sections unless absolutely neccessary, but he's going to work with me and see how I'm doing as its getting closer to time and make a decision then.

That's just crazy. Keep you're head up and I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll change their mind.

I agree with Amanda - that is RIDICULOUS!

Knowing that you have Crohn's and are put at a higher risk for complications she shouldn't just completely rule out C-section. That's putting you through undue stress as well, not having any say over what happens with your body.

Is it possible to get your GI involved or even find a new OB team that will consider C-section?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
wtf???.....you don't have any say in how you want to go through childbirth? When I found out I was pregnant, my husband, OB and I talked about the risks vs benefit of having a natural birth vs. c-section. Granted, I was still dealing with fistulas at the time, but even without them a c-section was determined to be less risky for me with my history.....

I def. would see about getting another opinion, or changing doctors/hospitals if possible if a c-section is what you want to go for to keep YOU healthier....

wtf???.....you don't have any say in how you want to go through childbirth? When I found out I was pregnant, my husband, OB and I talked about the risks vs benefit of having a natural birth vs. c-section. Granted, I was still dealing with fistulas at the time, but even without them a c-section was determined to be less risky for me with my history.....

I def. would see about getting another opinion, or changing doctors/hospitals if possible if a c-section is what you want to go for to keep YOU healthier....
I completely agree. Can you change docs or hospitals or anything like that? I'm not sure what your Crohn's history is like, but I myself think I am going to go the C-section route. I like the idea of it being more controlled and everything like that. It is your body and you do have a chronic disease, they need to listen to your concerns and work with you a little bit at least!!!

Paso.. did you recover okay with your c-section? Either way scares the bajeezus out of me, but I just feel like it seems to be the way to go for me.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Manzy - yes, I had no complications from my c-section.....was in the hospital for 3 days I think? Could have stayed an extra day but they needed the bed.....

One thing to keep in mind - if you opt for a scheduled c-ssection, get the earliest appointment you can!.....I was the 1st surgery of the day for my Doc - amde sure he was nice and fresh! lol.....and a side note - they move QUICKLY once the epidural is in! My husband almost missed the birth, he had gone to change and when he came back I was already in the OR.....it was wierd also not feeling my legs....but the epidural for me was a BREEZE!!!!!

Thats crazy. YOu have a valid reason for wanting a c section. I would get my GI involved and if that doesnt work look into a new Dr.

Good Luck!

You have the opposite problem I have. I am going to have to fight for a natural birth. They are really going to try their best to bully me into another c-section, which I really dont want to have unless I am flaring at the time of birth.

Hi All, thanks for all of your replies.

The evil bitch consultant is going to speak to my gastro consultant. When I talked about having more control with a c-section, I was given a patronising lecture about how you can't control birth & you can't control children.

She cited the colitis as her main reason for refusing a c-section, as she said I could get 'toxic megacolon' & die. I commented that surely this is statistically very unlikely & she said that it isn't unlikely. She said that I could live with potential incontinence caused via vaginal birth but I could die through c-section complications (ie, infection = toxic megacolon = death). Seems very melodramatic to me.

Like I said, she talked about a second opinion with a different obstetrician but there is no date in the diary & no named consultant. She also talked about me meeting with the lead midwife, no doubt to endure more of the above fear tactics. The thing that really annoys me is that I am now absolutely terrified of either option. I wasn't anxious before I spoke with her (or more like, she talked AT me). This can't be good for the pregnancy.

If I was bulllied into agreeing to vaginal birth (not likely) & it transpired that the baby is breech, she'd be recommending a c-section & I'd be like "but what about toxic F*****g megalcolon & ultimate death???"

Last edited:
Hey! I'm about 27 1/2 ish weeks! Baby is doing well and growing on track. i pretty much have just stayed steady as far as feeling poorly, but it's really no different for me than when I am not pregnant! I don't remember the last time I really felt great.

So pregnancy is going well, baby girl is great!

That really sucks about the midwife. I hope you get to go the route that you want and they stop giving you trouble with it.

I go see my GI on Friday morning. I'm hoping he recommends a C-section so I don't really have to ask for one. I'm terrified either way, but the c-section seems the least risky for me (to me anyway).

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
If it helps....my c-section was a breeze!.....whisked in the delivery room, got the epidural....next thing you know my little Peanut is being born.....NO complications.....one of hte worst parts was having the catheter...I had mine taken out too soon (I THOUGHT I could pee by then!)...and then had to have it put back when I couldn't pee yet and my bladder was FULL!....Even that was no big deal for me though.....

Only 3 days or so in the hospital too...then home...no heavy lifting after.....I had staples on the incision, have a scar but not too bad - it still is fading and is hidden by underwear/bathing suit......

Oh - and at NO TIME was toxic megacolon EVER mentioned as a possiblity with me having a c-section!

Grrrr, I keep being told that it's "early days" in the pregnancy so they won't schedule in an appointment with another obstetrician for the second opinion yet. It doesn't feel so early in the pregnancy at 25 weeks??? I have to see the same obstetrician that I saw last time at the end of February. Seeing my gastro Dr one week before. Seeing the midwife on Monday but she's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Anxious is not the word.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
umm...25 weeks 'EARLY DAYS'???? wtf?!?!?!.....you are more than half way along!.....
you could actually be having your baby in another 10 weeks......time flies!...

Hope you get some better support soon - hope the gastro is a little 'smarter' than the others!

How are you doing Violet?

Have you had any more luck talking to your midwife and the c-section?

I'm 31 weeks tomorrow!!!! It looks like I'll be schedule for a c-section on April 18thish at 39 weeks. Things are moving so quickly. I don't have a crib yet, or her room painted or anything!! YIKES.

Hope you are doing well!

Hi All,

29 weeks & 3 days pregnant now. Scan last week showed that the baby is definatley a girl & all is going well.

The c-section is a no-goer. Met with consultant obstetrician on Monday & then met with the midwife who manages the delivery suite yesterday. It turns out that the issue is hyper-sensitive within this teaching hospitals trust, as there are 2 women with toxic megacolon in intensive care following elective c-sections. Only one of these women elected to have a c-section because of her diagnosis of colitis. She had her baby in November 2010 & has only recently been transferred from intensive care to a ward. Pretty scary. Gastro consultant is saying that if a c-section is needed, it would be for obstetric reasons. Colitis has been in remission since I became pregnant. Put together a robust care plan with the head midwife yesterday, clearly stating that NSAID's are not to be used & no prostaglandins etc. Can't say I'm not scared but I'm sure I'll get through it.

Manzy, how have you been feeling? Don't worry about decorating her room - we don't even have a room to put ours in yet!!!!!! Our house only has one bedroom. We really need to move.

Hey there!

That really sucks about them not letting you have a C-section. It's crazy. My doc feels that its just the right way to go with my current situation.

I just scheduled my c-section on Monday. Looks like April 18th we'll be having our little girl!!!

I'm a little over 34 weeks pregnant now. Getting very tired and worn down. I believe that's my own falt though! Working 2 jobs and being sick with vomiting and fits going back and forth between horrible constipation and then exhausting diarrhea. I'm very ready to have this little baby now! Well, I'm ready to not be pregnant, but she needs to stay in there and bake a little while longer. Next Thursday is my last day at my one job, so I'm going to start taking it easy... well easier. I'm not even quite sure how much longer I'll last at job #1!

Baby is very healthy though! Weighing in just under 5 pounds right now. Her heart rate is great at 140. No contractions, no bleeding, no cramping (uterine cramping anyway LOL). Doc's were worried about me being able to carry to 36 weeks, but I think we're doing just fine. Next week I have to start going in for NST's 2-3 times a week to make sure that the baby stays healthy until delivery.

I hope you are doing well Violet! Any more news on changing the docs mind???

Hey Manzy, Great to hear that your tiny crittter is thriving! I'll be 32 weeks on Sunday. Another 4 weeks at work before I go on maternity leave (can't wait as I'm starting to feel tired & have very little enthusiasm for my job!!!). I've started to attend antenatal classes at the hospital (which tend to make me feel more anxious about the whole process of childbirth). Still no plan for a c-section. I do feel very scared about getting this baby out.

Astra

Hi Violet

great to here from you again, this is my last post before I slip into a coma!
so glad you're doing well, and if it's any consolation I had my 2 babies delivered vaginally and no problems. I just didn't know I had Crohns at the time, but was symptomatic with it.
And, newborn babies don't care where they sleep, a drawer would suffice!
So try not to worry about rooms and moving yet hun
take good care
xxx

I'm 36 weeks & 5 days pregnant now. I've been diagnosed with obstetric cholestasis & I have to meet with the consultant obstetrician next week to make a plan for early delivery to prevent harm to the baby. Not sure how I'm supposed to relax in the meantime, knowing that my stupid malfunctioning body is once again attacking itself & attacking the baby by pumping her full of toxins. What a load of shit.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Woo hoo - 36 weeks - nothing wrong with that!....

Ok- had to look up obstetric cholestasis - to save some serching for others -
potentially serious pregnancy-related liver disorder, which is estimated to affect around 7 in every 1 000 pregnant women in the United States each year. Although it is considered rare, health experts estimate that the disorder affects many more women who remain undiagnosed.

What is ICP?
ICP is defined as a pregnancy-related liver condition that affects the flow of bile to a woman’s body. This condition results in a build-up of bile acids in the blood, which in turn can lead to severe itching, and in more rare cases, jaundice.

The onset of ICP during pregnancy usually begins during the third trimester – as this is when hormone concentrations are highest – although some reports indicate it can begin as early as the first few weeks of pregnancy.

Unfortunately, the exact cause of ICP has not been determined. However, there does appear to be a genetic component to this disease; about half of all women with ICP reported having liver-related disorders in the family.
I hope all goes well - and you have a healthy baby~! Doesn't seem like you are too bad off with that if your appt isn't for another week?....Baby will be almost 38 weeks at that point...whixh is considered full term!.....can't wait for that happy news of a bouncing baby bundle!

Hey Violet!

Are you in a ton of pain and vomiting and all that kinds of stuff? This is really weird, but I ended up getting Cholangitis (which sounds so much like what they diagnosed you with). My liver counts skyrocketed, as well as severe vomiting, lots of pain, high fevers and all that stuff. We had to deliver my baby early as well. I went in for my 37 week checkup, and I hadn't been able to eat in 3 days and was severely dehydrated, they admitted me right away and we delivered the baby the very next morning. The cholangitis got so bad that it ended up giving me pancreatitis as well. I hope you are not having as hard of a time as I had there at the end. It really sucks, and I hope you get better soon. That baby will be here before you know it!!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Violet - I am so sorry about the obstetric cholestasis. I hope your docs can come up with a plan to keep both you and baby healthy! Fingers crossed for you!