• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pregnant and on remicade

I have had Crohn's disease for the past 10 years. I have been in remission for the first 7. Was pregnant twice before with no complications. Had to go on remicade just over a year ago because Crohn's flared up again. Now, I'm fine but just found out that i'm 5 weeks pregnant and my dilemma is, to stay on remicade or get off of it, especially after the baby is born and Im very keen on nursing.
Does anyone have a similiar experience please?
Karin

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Klove
Welcome to the forum.
I am not able to help with your question but there is a Remicade sub forum where there are people who may have the right experience to relate to you.
I am sure there will be others along to help you soon.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha
If you click on the link under Remicade it should bring you to the sub forum
in the Treatment section.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

First of all congratulations! I am currently on meds whilst pregnant but not on the Remi, I have seen others though who have been on this when having a baby and have not had any issues. I would say to let your GI doc know as soon as you can so they can advise and also keep a close eye on things, it is also worth asking if you can breastfeed on this. My doc has told me not to whilst on the 6-mp which did upset me at first but then it is best that I continue to be well rather than risk a flare up because I stopped my treatment. Is the Remi keeping the tum settled for you?

AB
xx

Thank you guys for the reply. Yes, remicade has been helping me. That's why it's such a difficult decision. I know, i have to stay healthy and under control. I will look in to further research.
Thanks again.
Klove