• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prego and life update (a bit long!)

prego and life update (a bit long!)

Hey everyone!

So, here I am, 26 weeks pregnant! Crazy, I know. I have had a very smooth going pregnancy other than the fact that I've been very ill. But the pregnancy itself is going great. The little girl is growing right on target, has a perfect heart beat, and we've done test after test and turns out she is healthy as can be!!! What more could a Crohn's mom ask for? I am getting very excited as it is getting closer and closer for the time for her to come!!

A couple of months ago I picked up a second job and usually work about 40 hours a week. I actually have a great schedule, I work 8am-1 pm, and then don't go back into my other job until about 3. I'm here right now, and although I really love this job, it is getting harder and harder for me to be here b/c I don't have much to do at all. It's been so slow and I just keep thinking of how much I would rather be at home either resting or getting things done that need to get done. I haven't even STARTED on the baby's room!!!

As I've mentioned, I've been pretty ill. I get kind of tired everyone saying "oh its just because your pregnant". Well yeah, there is that, but there is also this little thing called Crohn's that I've had for the last 12 years without remission. ugh.. I get a bit tired of hearing everyone tell me how bad their "morning sickness" was and how they completely now what I'm talking about. I understand other people have morning sickness and things lke that, but its just like someone having the flu for a day comparing that to having Crohn's. Whatever! I am not trying to be a debbie downer, and I guess it was probably my fault for getting pregnant while in a flare, but some things just happen! I just need to vent about that sometimes!! And I know that you all understand. I'm still having D all of the time and vomiting quite a bit , not nearly as much as I did for the first 5 months, but still more than the average joe! I've only gained 4 pounds so far this pregnancy so that is something kind of good. I guess the less weight I gain, the less I will have to lose! Way to spin tha tin a good light, huh :rof:

I am doing better though, I am going to the gym again which helps out immensly with how I fell! Not really with my stomach, but it makes me feel more energetic and in control of at least something :0)

All in all, things are going good for me. I'm bummed because I wish I felt better and hope that when the baby comes I will feel better so I can be the best momma I can be!

I hope all of you are doing well! :hug:

Amanda

DustyKat

Super Moderator
OMG....I can't believe you're 26 weeks!!! Don't know if the time has flown for you but it has for me! :lol:

It sure is a bummer that you aren't feeling at your best but I am so happy for you that the bub is going strong and hey, you're gonna be a great momma crohns and all, of that I have no doubt. :):):)

Keep keeping us updated, I can't wait for the big day!

Take care hun, :hug:
Dusty

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
ok - going to concentrate on the good here - woo hoo - 26 weeks!!!!! AND a little girl to boot chugging right along like she should.......

Ok - when is your due date???...not sure if I have seen it here.....

Hoping you do feel better when the baby comes....have you thought of any names yet?.....

Thanks Paso and Dusty!!

Due date is April 25! Getting so close.

Well, Dusty, I'm sorry but we decided to name her Sadie!! I loved the name Zoe but the hubby didn't care for it as much as I did. Damn him! Oh well, I do love the name Sadie too, that was my 2nd choice!

I'm keeping my head up and hoping that I can feel better. Once she's born we're going to tweak my meds around, so that should help out. :0) They didn't want to change things around until after the baby though.

I'll keep you guys updated, but so far everything is going great with baby. What more could I ask for? :)