• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prep day!

My colonoscopy is tomorrow so today is my prep day. Only been up for an hour and a half and already STARVING. I'm not allowed any solids except Jell-O. I have that, Gatorade, chicken stock, tea and of course water for today. Oh and wet wipes for the bathroom! Going to cleAn my house this morning then watching movies when all the toilet action starts...got to love Netflix.

I take Dulcolax at noon and start the lovely prep drink at 5pm. Wish me luck it all comes out good!

scottsma

Well all I can say is,this time tomorrow it will be all over and done with.Very best wishes Teeny,please let us know how your colonoscopy goes.

Good luck!

I am also doing a prep day today - have a CT colonography tomorrow AM. My regime is a little different - took 2 ducoloax Friday and Saturday nights (didn't notice any effects at all) and Pico Salax at 11 am and 3 pm today. And just fluids as well. I'm not hungry, though, so that's good.

Hope the procedure goes well tomorrow!

I will keep everyone updated. Good luck to you as well lgpcarter!

Having some chicken broth right now...eating it like soup, hoping to fool my mind a bit. All in all I really don't feel as hungry as I thought I would. Hoping I don't get cramping with the Dulcolax (I've never had that as part of my prep before). Generally I feel better when I don't eat so no gut issues there.

I cleaned my house. Made sure the bathrooms are stocked and as comfortable as possible. Going to load a new game on my tablet as well. Had to make sure the porcelain throne was ready for tonight's events...haha

Should I be concerned that my meds are being flushed out? The last 2 times were colored the powder inside my Colazal pills - like a bright yellow/orange. Was startling at first seeing that color in the toilet! They said I can't take my pills again till after the procedure tomorrow. So now I feel like I will miss 2 doses.

Scope went well. Had a hemorrhoid. Some polyps they removed an they took several biopsies. Great news is no visible inflammation! They did see all the scaring from where inflammation was before.

Lady Organic

Staff member
great news! you have crohn's colitis and you are on Colazal (5-ASA/mesalamine) only? How long have you been on remission with this drug?
how many scoops of L-glutamine do you take per day?

thanks for the update!

Lady Organic - yes I am on Colazal and Prilosec only. Been in remission most of the last few years (had 2 short flare ups during that time). Started Colazal I think 5 years ago. Got into remission with Entocort. Any minor flare up and I call my GI at the first hint of it. He puts me on the Entocort right away to knock it down. Worked twice for me that way. Then I stay on the Colazal for maintenance.

I don't take L-glutamine.

Here is what I do take:

a total EFA pill which is Omegas 3,6,9,

glucosamine

probiotic (http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Jarro-dophilus-EPS-Capsules/dp/B0013OUKTS)

multiple-vitamin (http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-V...1436838503&sr=1-1&keywords=vitamin+code+women)

Lady Organic

Staff member
Thanks and good for you!, sorry I read too quickly glucosamine and thought it was Glutamine, which I take. I wish my colitis was manageable with mesalamine and few rounds of entocort only (entocort being less harsh than prednisone, which I have to take), im left sided including rectum. you are right sided? my GI once told me disease is usually more complicated to manage when colitis is located in rectum and sigmoid.

Lady Organic - I had the inflammation before and now there is scarring in descending (left), transverse, and ascending (right)...not continuous. Nothing in cecum now, but prior scope it had inflammation. Terminal ileum normal. Normal sigmoid. Normal rectum. The polyps were in descending and transverse, most of the scarring there too. He called them pseudopolyps. Internal hemorrhoids found. Report says "no gross sign of colitis." Now just have to wait for the biopsies to come back.

He still has my diagnosis as IBD, suspected Crohn's. I wonder if he will ever pick Crohn's or UC definitively.

I feel like it's the luck of the draw with this disease. I have also heard it is hard to treat when in the rectum. I am just hoping I can maintain remission for a while. I feel like a ticking time bomb, you never know when the next flare will come out.

Lady Organic

Staff member
what you describe is indeed more like CD to me too: patchy and no rectum disease. UC is continous and always involves rectum. I know what you mean about ticking Bomb! i feel the same right now, stepping out of a major flare 6 months ago and now hoping I can remain on low dose of my medication.