• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prep.

prep.

i got my prep for my colonoscopy next week. i didn't get any sort of flavoring packets with it...this happened last time and i ended up using CrystalLite lemonade flavor. tasted like salty lemonade.

what has everyone else used to make taking the prep easier??

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
When I took Golytely, I mixed it with apple juice. I could hardly taste a thing. But after using the Miralax/Gatorade prep, I refuse to use any other prep.

Polyethylene Glycol 3350 and Electrolytes....now that i read the How to Use on my prescription pamphlets, it says to not mix it with anything. but i was told i could. i dunno..i guess i should ask my pharmacist?

Polyethylene Glycol 3350 and Electrolytes....now that i read the How to Use on my prescription pamphlets, it says to not mix it with anything. but i was told i could. i dunno..i guess i should ask my pharmacist?
That sounds like the same active ingredient in Miralax. When you have your next scope, you may want to ask your GI about the Miralax prep method. You just buy a 238 gram bottle of Miralax, and mix that with Gatorade. Check with your GI to see if there's any color you can't use. Normally red is not allowed, and depending on the GI, sometimes they don't allow other colors.

I have to do a prep in a couple weeks for a barium enema, and for this prep, the radiology office instructions are to use Magnesium Citrate. I've had worse, but this prep isn't that tasty. The Miralax has no taste, and I can't even tell it's in the Gatorade.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
My GI instructed me to mix it with the apple juice. I couldn't keep it down without mixing it.

hmm..the apple juice sounds tolerable :D but will it ruin apple juice for me? haha. i'm getting my endoscopy tomorrow, i'll ask my GI about it.

thank you for your suggestions!!!!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
hmm..the apple juice sounds tolerable :D but will it ruin apple juice for me? haha.

LOL! I know what you mean. The first time I ever drank, I had 8 screwdrivers (OJ & Vodka). Needless to say, I got very, very sick. I couldn't smell, let alone drink, OJ for years!!!

Good luck with your procedure. Let us know how it goes!!

how did the endoscope go for you and did u find out anything/ mine was today and they didnt find anything, i have to wait on biopsy results..

hahaha Jill, i know what you're saying. i can't drink those Dole mixed fruit juices without thinking it needs vodka :D

Jenny, my endoscopy went okay. there's "patchy flattening, scarring and small shallow ulcers" in the 2nd part of my duodenum. (consistent with Crohns) they took biopsies of my stomach (appeared normal, though) and the duodenum. my esophagus is normal......

my doctor seems confident that it could be a false positive for Celiac. but i dunno. i've already somewhat come to terms with it. while i would like to not have another disease, i was a teeny bit relieved to have an excuse for and a way to get rid of some of my "symptoms". mixed feelings.....it'll be about two weeks until i get the results for the biopsies.

let me know what u find out with the biopsy. we probaly will be getting them back the same time, since i had my endoscope on friday. i hope for u that it was a false positive. i dont know really if i have celiac or not anymore, hard to get rid of my love for wheat products ( i like my beer). lol...