• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Preparation for colonoscopy

My colonoscopy is this Thurseday. My doctor wanted me to start doing miralax and Gatorade this past Thursday. So far, I don't feel like it has been very effective . Could this be due to a stricture?

scottsma

I can't help with that Ron.Do you also have a prep.solution to use on Wednesday ? It just seems that a week is long time to start prepping,but I would have a word with which ever Doc.suggested the mirolax and Gatorade.Best to you.

Bufford

Seems a bit long too. When I have a scope I am asked to stop eating anything with seeds a week before hand, that's okay as I cannot tolerate anything with seeds. I also have to go off blood thinners a week before. However, I am allowed solid foods up until 24 hours before the procedure. Then I have to drink a jug of that awful stuff (cannot think of the name of it; Peglite?) during the last day before to clear my bowels, and drink only clear liquids.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
It partly depends on the dosage, does he have you on a "regular" dose for a week just to make sure things are moving in preparation for the actual scope prep?