• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Proctectomy pain after 9 months

Hi i had my ileostomy made permanent on 23rd May last year and nearly 9 months on I'm in absolute agony. I went to see surgeon on Monday and he said it's not normal after all of this time. I need a scan and another op to sort it out. He said it's not healing and I might have an infection coz he squeezed it and pus came out he said it was looked sore he's not happy. This morning I've woke up and my bum is abolute agony but my bladder is hurting too could the probs I'm having with my bum be affecting my bladder? Help?! Will I need to get rid of infection before they will operate? I'm in agony hope it's sooner rather than later. Has anyone else had these issues. I feel so alone and in agony I've had enough of it