• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Protein supplement brand suggestion

Hi friends,

I have been on whey protein islotae for almost 5 months now and it seemed to work fine, but for last 2 weeks I have had bloated and upset stomach after taking it. So I want to switch it to something else like egg protein or rice protein supplement. anyone who has tried protein supplements and has worked for them without any problem?? if yes also suggest the brand.

thanks

I have tried hemp protein from a site called real food source. Doesn't seem to have any bad effects but has a nutty taste. Myprotein used to sell a vegan blend protein which also had no bad effects on me.

I wouldn't quit on your brand yet. It could just be a flare-up, totally unrelated to the brand, but your sensitivity levels. Just take a break? Let things calm down?

Egg white protein is your best bet.

If you don't like vanilla or chocolate this site has a ton of different flavors
Truenutrition.com

Thanks bert , i will check that site and durwardian, i too think its a flare up but If its not then I will definitely need a change.

@kel - you think egg protein is as effective as whey protein ?? you must be knowing it since you have tried it.

Sadly the egg yolk is one of the trigger food for me giving me a bad day..thus I cant include them...otherwise i do feel its a great power food if you can tolerate them.

Thanks bert , i will check that site and durwardian, i too think its a flare up but If its not then I will definitely need a change.

@kel - you think egg protein is as effective as whey protein ?? you must be knowing it since you have tried it.
Almost as effective. It's the next best thing, since the whey bothers you. I never gained a pound from drinking ensure though. And I used to drink a lot.

Rice protein has worked best for me. I get Nutribiotic Chocolate flavor (the flavor isn't too strong though, so you could put it in anything.) But if you normally work well with whey protein, you might just have to be patient; something else might be bothering you.