• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

PSC & UC now Crohns

Hi all-
I was born in 1982. I was diagnosed with UC in 1985 and then Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. I was put on the liver transplant list in 1993 and received my liver transplant in 1995. After being on prednisone for 10 years, I had a proctocolectomy in 1996. I then had 3 more surgeries to re-route my small intestines, create a J-Pouch, and have anastomosis. When I was 21 (in 2004) I developed endometriosis and had a 10cm cyst along with my right fallopian tube removed (it was stretched out and unfunctional). In 2006, I had an 8cm endometrioma removed along with my left ovary removed (it could not be saved). In 2007, my kidney function was very poor and after suffering from severe endometriosis, I was advised to have a hysterectomy. (I could not successfully carry a baby, I was told and was preparing for needing dialysis soon). My kidneys were stressed because I was on very drugs that were toxic to the kidneys but had to take to keep me from rejecting my liver. I also had severe diarrhea from pouchitis (going around 20 times a day), which is why my kidneys were doing so poorly. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in 2007. After having IV hydration, my kidney function returned to normal. The end of 2007, after having many bowel obstructions, I was diagnosed with Crohn's. In 2008, I went to the ER close to 10 times for bowel obstructions, GI bleeds, and flare-ups. In 2009, I had an abdominal hernia repair. I have been on just about every medication. I was on Remicade last year but it caused me to develop a form of alopecia and my hair and eyelashes fell out and lost its effectiveness.

Whew...I think thats about it. I would love to meet other people with a history like mine.:(

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Welcome Amber,
There are a lot of supportive and knowledgeable people here. It sure sounds as though you have been through a lot. I hope you can look through all the other threads for more info. What are your current Meds???

Hi Amber, welcome to the forum. You have been through a lot. I'm sure there are people here with some of your history if not all of it.

farm

Captain Insaneo
Welcome. Well, I didn't get everything you wrote, but I understood that, WOW, you have been through everything!! I'm not sure you will meet anyone with a history like yours.
So how are you now?

Wow! You are a fighter!

Welcome to a great place, I am sure many have shared experiences with you and you will get lots of support.

Lishyloo

Welcome Amber! You've been through much more than I have been. This forum is full of caring people, enjoy!

I too have psc. wow what a long name. telling people they get this look. some were doctors. it been 10 years senses. they told me. a few stints put in and taken out, to keep things flow. they transplant. just in the bowel ducts. see my docs every year, now they want to see me every 6months. just had colonoscopy. all clear,(I have crohns) and they said it caused me to have psc, :smile:well we all in the same boat. love to talk to you later and others.one day at a time please keep me intouch