• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Psorasis, psoriatic arthritis and remicade infusions.

I have had IBS for years and have had psoriasis for years. Also have hiatal hernia and had to have esophagus stretched a couple of times. Had knee replacement left knee and doc recommends doing it again and also do right knee. Tried the creams the dermatologist put me on for psoriasis, never really helped. Rhumatologist recommended Enbrel and Humira but couldn't afford it. Then heard about Remicade infusions and since it is infusions covered by Medicare and supplemental insurance. Been on it for a year with no problems, or so I thought. About 6 months ago pain in wrist and hands became almost unbearable. PCP put me on Gabapentin 100 MG 4 times a day. Helped a little but not enough, PCP increased to 300 MG 4 times a day and Rhumatologist agreed. Had been doing better on increased Gabapentin but pain in wrist, hands and now arthritis in right foot hurting. Been on Methotrexate for 4 years but about 6 months ago liver enzymes started going up and just keeps climbing. GI doc says it is the methotrexate causing liver enzymes to go up, so quit taking it. CT scan shows a mass where gallbladder used to be and also a fatty liver, radiologist suggested MRI of liver. Havent had MRI of liver yet. Just tested positive for Lupus. Rhumatologist wants to just keep an eye on it for a while and do blood work every 3 months. Tired of being in pain all the time. Like some others, running out of sick leave time. Just found this website and wondering if anyone else has had the same problems. HELP!!!

I have heard of some people having lupus caused by Remicade. Are you on Imuran? I am wondering if that could cause the problem with your liver? You said that Humira was too expensive. You could check out about a discount card if your doctor takes you off of Remicade. I hope that things get a whole lot better for you
. Please let us know how you are doing.

Have not been on Imuran. I tried to get a discount card on the Enbrel (I believe it was the Enbrel) before but since I am on Medicare and AARP UHC I couldn't use discount card. They act like the Medicare and AARP UHC is govtmnt assisted (even though the UHC premium is 184.10 a month)

I am sorry that you couldn't get a discount card . I am also sorry. You had already said it was the mtx that caused the elevated liver enzymes. Does your GI know about the lupus?

Pat-

Are you on Medicare as a disability?
I was afraid my Remicade would not be covered if
I applied for full disability.
I guess I am luck because my job covers my short term and long tern disability but, I am covered by my husbands medical ins.
I am pretty sure I am going to go out on disability again because my inflammation test is a tad bit high and since I have been back to work my symptoms are increasing.

Lauren