• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Psoriasis

so this is a little bit of a vent. Last night i got a dx of possible psoriasis. It is all over my chest and a few spots on my back. I have not just crohn's but ankylosing spondylitis as well. I'm on humira and now i am worried about it failing.
have any of you had just a one off case of psoriasis? when it goes away does your skin return to normal?

I don't have CD, but I have had psoriasis for 20 years. I treat it with Humira (but I have heard that Humi can also cause psoriasis).

I am rarely plaque free, but when spots clear up the skin changes from red/inflammed to white, like a scar. The white fades but has never completely gone away. (My grandfather's psoriasis lasted from age 17-65. He still had the scarring in his eighties).

I only recently got it on my torso when my psoriasis got really severe...I thought it (generally speaking) is more popular over joints. (I have had it most severely on my scalp, elbows, hands, and lower legs).

Sorry for the potential diagnosis...as if Crohn's itself isn't rough enough :(

I used topical steroids before starting Humira...they don't get rid of it but help manage it/make it more comfortable. Methotrexate is another med used for it.

I had suffered with psoriasis for 8 years before I started Crohn's 3 years ago. Arms, legs, chest, scalp, etc... Once I started Crohn's it went away. Both are auto-immune diseases. I hated psoriasis but I'd take it all over again if I didn't have the hell Crohn's caused me.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I have what we think is drug-induced psoriasis - but it doesn't look or act exactly like it- I posted a picture the other day....it responds to topical steroid cream, and mine came about after a bout of strep and I think it was gutatte psoriasis....

interesting. i have had a really bad sore throat from my heartburn. I think it is gutatte psoriasis as well.

Hi there, new to the forum. I have guttate psoriasis as well. Last July it started up and went wild for 6 months, covering my entire body. It only went away after twice-weekly phototherapy sessions for 5 months and lots of topical corticosteroids.
Now I just got off prednisone, and it's coming back. (This is the second time in 10 years that I've gone off prednisone -- the first time lasted 3 weeks before I had to go back on it for the arthritis).

Grrrr.

Crohn's since 1998, diagnosed 2002, prednisone since 2002, tried methotrexate (1 x week x 2 years), azathioprine (pancreatitis after 1 month), and Remicade (8.5 years).