• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Putting stoma bag on twice?

Attention those with stoma experience - putting my bag on this morning i forgot the barrier wipe, and had started putting the bag over the stoma when I realised. Bag was just sticking partially at bottom and I lifted it off, did barrier wipe, dried it and then puth the bag on again.
I'm now worried whether the bag is going to stick properly at bottom where it was put on twice.
What do you think? Should I trust it or start from scratch?

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Gra. Does it feel secure? Did anything from the stoma come in contact with the wafer or your skin? Are you out and about tomorrow or at home? If the seal is compromised in any way by stoma drainage it isn't going to last. Personally I've never removed and reapplied any part of the wafer. For me it's about confidence. If in doubt I'll change it. Hope this helps.

Hi Gra.
I'm the same as DJW. If I forgot to wipe - I was never confident of a good stick.
I would always start from scratch to be on the safe side.
It's a pest. But the peace of mind is worth it.

Dukeis

Dynastic Overlord
I quit using barrier wipes a few months ago. All I use now is Convatec Stomahesive Powder. I was having problems with my wafers and I found an articular on the internet a guy wrote and the first thing he says is get rid of the wipes. Here's a link http://csn.cancer.org/node/227905

When the stomahesive powder gets damp from your skin it sticks better then anything I have seen.

DJW

Forum Monitor
I quit using barrier wipes a few months ago. All I use now is Convatec Stomahesive Powder. I was having problems with my wafers and I found an articular on the internet a guy wrote and the first thing he says is get rid of the wipes. Here's a link http://csn.cancer.org/node/227905

When the stomahesive powder gets damp from your skin it sticks better then anything I have seen.
I rarely use wipes anymore. Stoma nurse was happy to hear that I rarely use them.