• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question about ct scan report

question about ct scan report

I had a CT scan with contrast and barium enema done in the er on Sunday night/Monday morning. They had me drink the contrast over an hour, then wait an hour. Right before the CT scan they gave me a barium enema. I just picked up the report and disk and the report says no rectal contrast used! Is there something that would cause it not to show up or was it simply read by a moron? On another note, the report says nothing about the bowels, intestines, or anything of the sort. It simply notes my back surgeries, gallbladder surgery, a small ovarian cyst on the opposite side of the pain, and a small hiatial hernia. Does it me any sense that they noted nothing about the bowels?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I would question them about the lack of information - maybe it didn't make it into your chart or is on another report?

Also, if you look a the disk yourself, you should be able to tell if contrast was used by the way the pictures show up....

I had a CT scan done with contrast , The radiographer said yeah I would say thats colitis. The doc said no i cant see anything. The second time i had a CT scan done small bowel with barium I was in agony when I lay on my right side . I could feel the stuff going through. Afterward i was given the scans and said No i dont see anything.
Am i going mad !

I called and spoke to the radiologist that read the scan. Apparently the nurse wrote in her report that I stated I was uncomfortable so she stopped the barium and there was only a minuscule amount in there. Wow, just because I was uncomfortable! I can't imagine someone finding that comfortable. The nurse needs to look into another career if she can't stand to have an uncomfortable patient! Other than that the scan showed nothing. Oh well, still undiagnosed, still being told all tests are normal and there's nothing wrong with me. If living like this is normal then they need to make me abnormal quickly!

Sounds like it's time for a new doctor/hospital. There are soooo many doctors out there, it's not worth suffering through with an incompetent one.

That was actually done at the er. I went to my dr today and he said it wasn't done well and basically said it didn't tell him anything. Off for more tests!