• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question About Starting Dose

So I just started Humira on Friday, after going to my gastroenterologist's office to have a nurse show me how to do it. However, everything she taught me indicated that I just start off with one shot. Now I'm reading of people taking more. Was that wrong? What do I do now? It's the weekend, so I can't call my doctor until Monday. I poured through all the information that came with the Humira, but I can't find any clear answer.

The standard starting for Crohns is 4 injections, then in 2 Weeks,2 injections.After that it is 1 injection every 2 Weeks. Try to get in touch with your GI on Monday. Good luck.

afidz

Super Moderator
Typically its 4 loading doses and then 2 more 2 Weeks later and then 1 every two Weeks unless specified by your doctor. I think you should be ok to wait until Monday to ask him about it, but if your not comfortable with it you could call the answering service

Dammit. I finally found that it tells me to take all four. It was on the cover of the box, but the nurse never mentioned this. I just called her (thankfully she's available seven days a week), and she told me to take the other three today. Thanks to all of you for pointing this out.