• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question aimed at women

Hi,

Do any other women with Crohn's find they are more succeptable to thrush? I feel like I have it all the time even taking meds for it from the doctor..

Would it have something to do with the imbalance of good bacteria in the gut??

I have had thrush twice.. I reduced the amount of bread and sugar I eat and that seems to help so far

I've had thrush when I was on Entocort. When the meds we take suppress our immune system then thrush has a greater opportunity to taking hold. I do think reducing sugars, bread, simple carbs helps lower the chance of thrush since this is what yeast like to feed on.

I don't eat bread and avoid gluten and my sugar intake is quite low! Then it could be related to the Azathioprine meds right? Because those are known to suppress the immune system? It's very annoying.. :( I get regular blood tests and it's very unlikely I have diabetes!