• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I was diagnosed with Crohns in April 2004. Since then I've been on multiple medications, too many to list. I've tried Remicade to no avail. I had little over a foot of my ileum removed in 2008. I'm now on Humira and just found out from my MRI on January 8, 2016 I have 15 cm of the active disease in the neoterminal ileum.

I just wanted to know if anyone had this happen and needed surgery again. Or did medication help. I go back to follow up with my dr. the end of February. (I was able to find the results on My Chart with the cleveland clinic, that's how I knew the disease is active still)

I'm angry cause I have this disease. Sad to see my 3 year old daughter having to see her mommy not feeling well and not understanding why. And upset cause there is no cure. :mad:

Welcome to the group. I am on Stelara at this time. I had an enterography recently and found out that I have active disease. I am not sure but they are probably going to want to switch biologics on me. Please keep us informed on how you are doing. I am sorry for what this disease is doing.

Hey sorry to hear about your crohns rerearing it's ugly head again. I've heard somewhere that usually after surgery you get 6-10 good years before it starts in again. Some less some more. I have 15cm of affected bowel in my terminal ileum right now. Just started getting a fistula and have a microperforation right now. Surgery hasn't even been mentioned yet. I've been diagnosed since 2008

I am sorry your having so much trouble right now!
I have never had surgery before, so I dont know what
to say other than I feel your pain and so sorry your going
through this right now!

I sure hope you feel better soon!!

Lauren