• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question

Heya, from my understanding, when they can't get through it is because of a narrowing/stricture. This may be inflammatory (so will get better with steroids) or scar tissue and can cause blockage problems, so you definately need to ask about it!

Pred? Great but horrible stuff. No more dry skin than normal or noticeable eyes stuff. I grew a lot of extra fine hair on my face and as I've tapered down I've got a lot of spots. I used to have them befire pred, then had great skin to start off with and now beardy and spotty and pale and skinny - not a good look!

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Hi PIB...My doctors could never advance the scope into the ileum...That is where my disease is located. I am thinking it is common since we are all so inflamed.

I had visual disturbances while on Pred, among all the other lovely side effects....However, since Uveitis is associated with Crohnies, you may want to see an eye doctor for a routine examine. You don't want to monkey around with your sight.

when you say spots do you mean spots of dry skin ? Yea I also need to pull my upper lip way more now and my once two chin hears are now 10 very lovely for us ladys don't you think lol . doc did say lots of inflammation and I had 2 blockages before talk about pain . Thanks By the way can't find your post anymore about boyfriend I think ? Wanted to respond but couldn't post there for awhile hope your doing ok was worried .

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
They never could until i had my resection in2008. The doctor was finally able to flip the scope in there and saw active disease.....My disease was confirmed by CT scan and Barium swallow tests in the past.

pain in the butt said:
when you say spots do you mean spots of dry skin ? Yea I also need to pull my upper lip way more now and my once two chin hears are now 10 very lovely for us ladys don't you think lol . doc did say lots of inflammation and I had 2 blockages before talk about pain . Thanks By the way can't find your post anymore about boyfriend I think ? Wanted to respond but couldn't post there for awhile hope your doing ok was worried .
Hi again, by spots I mean pimples! Nasty things! But I also have had two or three weird spots of red really itchy bits on the side of my face which I've never had before. The hair is nasty - I have ended up gently using a razor on it and hope that it will eventually go away!

Did you mean me about the exboyfriend?? He was a commitmentphobe and is marrying someone he's known for less than a year so I am pretty messed up about it and that has made me feel pretty unwell, but I guess we just soldier on!

Oh sorry didn't Know , problem here too but I sure do like the word spots better.

Sorry about your exboyfriend. He sure knows how to hurt someone, can't believe he would do that hope I did't bring up something bad. Just feel sad for you, can't really say don't let it bother you because I know thats easyer said than done. As if your not going through enough.! Hope you start feeling better soon I know it will take a while. Anything I can do just let me know. I'm a good listener if you ever need to vent. :)

pain in the butt said:
Oh sorry didn't Know , problem here too but I sure do like the word spots better.

Sorry about your exboyfriend. He sure knows how to hurt someone, can't believe he would do that hope I did't bring up something bad. Just feel sad for you, can't really say don't let it bother you because I know thats easyer said than done. As if your not going through enough.! Hope you start feeling better soon I know it will take a while. Anything I can do just let me know. I'm a good listener if you ever need to vent. :)
Thanks for the kind words :) It kinda sucks but one just has to get on wth it eh?