• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Questions for my gp tomorrow

It's been 6 months since my humira was upped to weekly.
My blood work hasn't been ran in about 7.
About 4 weeks ago I began falling into a depression.
More stools, more frequent pain, more stress, etc

Then over this past week I feel a band around my ribcage.
After eating I not only have the abdominal pain but pain in chest and ribs.
It radiates to the back as well. Some nausea but no vomiting.
Yesterday and today I have had fewer stools more gas and am distended.
I have not eaten as much which helps the sharp and burning pain.

Fatigue this week is really bad. Husband said I've not been myself for at least 3 weeks. But like I said I felt the depression and other symptoms creeping in at least 4 weeks ago.

I didn't take this weeks humira shot. Just incase my pancreas is involved.
I'll wait for the bloodwork. Hopefully they'll call me with it on Friday.

I'm just not sure how to approach all of this tomorrow.
Any suggestions?

TIA

nogutsnoglory

I think it's a good idea to hold off on your injection until you speak with your GI. If this is your IBD it seems Humira is not doing the job. At 6 months and a weekly dose you really did give it a good try. It's possible they will augment your therapy or try another drug.

Hopefully your bloods come in soon and if warranted your doctor can order an MRI to rule out any organ issues.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Just explain what is happening to you exactly how you did to us. Write it down if you need to in case you forget what to say.

Make sure he knows you didn't take your last injection as well. If he makes suggestions regarding your symptoms and treatment, ask him/her what leads them to suggest whatever it is that they have. Make sure to understand the common risks of humira as well as the not so common. Also ask him what you should be keeping an eye out for in the future with regards to your treatment plan.

Good luck and hope you figure this out :hug:

It's been 6 months since my humira was upped to weekly.
My blood work hasn't been ran in about 7.
About 4 weeks ago I began falling into a depression.
More stools, more frequent pain, more stress, etc

Then over this past week I feel a band around my ribcage.
After eating I not only have the abdominal pain but pain in chest and ribs.
It radiates to the back as well. Some nausea but no vomiting.
Yesterday and today I have had fewer stools more gas and am distended.
I have not eaten as much which helps the sharp and burning pain.

Fatigue this week is really bad. Husband said I've not been myself for at least 3 weeks. But like I said I felt the depression and other symptoms creeping in at least 4 weeks ago.

I didn't take this weeks humira shot. Just incase my pancreas is involved.
I'll wait for the bloodwork. Hopefully they'll call me with it on Friday.

I'm just not sure how to approach all of this tomorrow.
Any suggestions?

TIA

They are doing bloodwork and want me to hold off on the humira until it comes in. They are checking for pancreatitis as well as my other levels and function tests and once they are in we will go from there.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Thanks for the update! I was just about to ask how your appointment went. Then, I saw that you'd beat me to it!!!

Hopefully they can figure out what's going on and start getting you taken care of! Xxxx

My GP brought up doing the bloodwork for pancreatitis based on my previous history when I was on Imuran. They will do the standard work up plus D and Mag. Liver and Kidney function. SED and Crp I believe it is, is included along with checking to see if my iron has dropped which we have been supplementing so hopefully it has gone up.

She asked me to go ahead and switch to a liquid diet now as a precaution to give my gut a rest. She will forward the results and speak to my GI once they are in and schedule a follow-up with him as well if needed or if I want to discuss continuing humira or not.

Being a small town not all the results will be back tomorrow, but the important ones will.

GP called yesterday after some of the results had come in and she had consulted with my GI. I am to continue the clear liquids through the weekend then go to soft diet and call the GI on Monday for an appointment to follow-up. Several counts were askew. Some they thought would be more off weren't and others that they didn't expect were. I am to totally skip this dose of humira for now. They tripled the amount of D3 I am taking, which didn't surprise me due to the "funk" I've been in the last 3-4 weeks. The rest of the results should be in by the time I call Monday for the follow up. They always mail me a copy within 5 days as well. Hopefully we can get it sorted out.