• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Questions on affect on relationships

Has any gay man broken up with a partner over being dx with Crohn's? How do people deal with extensive scarring caused by surgery in the vanity obsessed gay world? Finally, does anyone else not feel like a 'complete' gay man due to the removal of their rectum?

Many thanks

nogutsnoglory

I had one guy break up with me over crohns but he didn't say it. I knew though. Others were accepting and the scars never seemed to be an issue even though I was horrified they would be due to the heavy emphasis on body image.

Even not being gay i get it. It is one of the reasons i gave my marriage a harder try. I enjoy a good sex life with him and i don't have to worry about those scars and active fistulas.

I cant imagine having to start a relationship with this issue. I hope that doesn't make you feel worse, i'm trying to be sympathetic.