• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Questions to ask the doctor?

We see the doctor on Friday. Son is currently on Pentasa and Prevacid, feeling really good, no pain with BMs and has finally started to gain weight again. He has gone down to 2 Peptamen per day and will be drinking zero by Friday. So far, he is advancing on the SCD without any problems. *knocks wood*

Everything SEEMS great, but I don't want to miss anything that could hurt my son. What should I make sure we have tested? And what should I be looking out for?

I'm already planning to ask how long he will need to continue the meds he's on, but other than that, I don't know what to ask.

Thanks so much!!!

my little penguin

Staff member
How will the doc monitor ?
Bloodwork every six weeks ? Sooner ?
How often for fecal cal?
When will you have imaging done to determine how effective the diet is?
What types ( mre pill cam etc)?
Will there be a scope to get a good visual ?
When and how often?
If the diet was not working when would you expect to see things go south?
What symptoms should you call with right away and what does the doc want you to monitor closely ?
How will you know if the meds are working versus the diet ?

Good luck

How will the doc monitor ?
Bloodwork every six weeks ? Sooner ?
How often for fecal cal?
When will you have imaging done to determine how effective the diet is?
What types ( mre pill cam etc)?
Will there be a scope to get a good visual ?
When and how often?
If the diet was not working when would you expect to see things go south?
What symptoms should you call with right away and what does the doc want you to monitor closely ?
How will you know if the meds are working versus the diet ?

Good luck
Just got back from the doctor. Took blood today, wants to see my son in 3 months, then if things still look good, 4 months. No mention of fecal cal., "no imaging yet" (no plans).
Just wants us to pay attention to how my son is feeling, look out for blood, stomach pain, weight loss. Wants son to stay on Pentasa indefinitely and gave permission to continue with SCD.

Dr. felt hard spot in son's lower, right quadrant, likely scar tissue. No plans for surgery now, but maybe one day. :(

They are saying that my son is now in remission, but I'm waiting until the results from the blood work are in to agree.