• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Questran Users

Just a quick question to users of questran. Have you been on it long? Im just curious as to wether this is going to be long term treatment, or wether its likely i could need something else if my body gets too "used" to it.

Ive been on it for a year now, take one sachet before my lunch and im find for the rest of the day. If i dont take it at lunch, by the middle afternoon my tummy is not happy and im on the toilet again.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I have never used it, but if I remember correctly, I heard that it just rips the calcium from your body in crazy amounts, so you will need a good amount of supplementation.
(Don't just take my word for it though, look into it.)

I have never used it, but if I remember correctly, I heard that it just rips the calcium from your body in crazy amounts, so you will need a good amount of supplementation.
(Don't just take my word for it though, look into it.)
Im on calcichew-d3 Forte as well, as my vitamin D levels are too low

I was on it for years and LOVED it. They put me on it because they thought my 'd' was bile related. When they did a colonoscopy they said I had Crohn's. I would love to be on it again as it lowers cholesterol AND helps with 'd'. Unfortunately, my triglyceride (sp) levels went to 1200 and they pulled me off it. Just make sure you get your blood levels done frequently.

I was on it for years and LOVED it. They put me on it because they thought my 'd' was bile related. When they did a colonoscopy they said I had Crohn's. I would love to be on it again as it lowers cholesterol AND helps with 'd'. Unfortunately, my triglyceride (sp) levels went to 1200 and they pulled me off it. Just make sure you get your blood levels done frequently.
I had blood levels done in September/October, and then ive got a form to have them done in April and then October of this year.