• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Quick background. Suggestion?

I'm a 19 year old college student & I'm being treated for Crohn's and Colitis. This all started in 2008 when I was hospitalized with lymphoma, then later found out I had a severe infection, we assume that this is what triggered my condition. In 2011 I had my gallbladder and appendix taken out & even after 6 colonoscopies and 2 endoscopes, It's not written in the book exactly what I have. I take Asacol 3 times daily. 100mg of imuran twice daily, And zofran and donnatal as needed. I work full time and am in college full time. My GI doc just double my dose because I was on imuran 100mg in the morning. I'm not sure if this is a side effect, but I'm not hungry. The smell of food makes me sick. Every time I go to eat,
I take a bite and I'm stuffed. I have no appetite and it's been like this for almost a week. I'm so drained. It could possibly be because of stress, but I don't feel stressed. I just feel lost. I feel like I've lost myself to this disease. I really hate just feeling so down. I have no life left in me and I'm not sure what to do next. My doctor has really saved me. I appreciate him so much, but I'm kinda at a standstill. I'm very close with my family so I do have people to talk to, I'm just drained. Any suggestions to a doctor or just my personal well being ?

theOcean

Loss of appetite is a side-effect of Imuran. If it doesn't go away, or gets worse, please contact your GI. You may have to consider another immunosuppressant, like 6mp or Methotrexate to see if that's better for you. :(

Is your illness in remission?

Also, outside of work and school, do you have any hobbies that can improve your mood? Are you able to do things with your family and see them relatively frequently?

I see my family every weekend and anytime that I have off of work. Im not in remission and I never have been. I think everything i have going in is contributing to being exhausted. I just hate that I can't find a median

theOcean

Exhaustion/fatigue is also pretty standard when you're in flare. Have you talked to your GI about trying different treatment? Because if you've never managed your way into remission I'd think that's worth talking about.

Are you able to go on biologics, with your history of lymphoma? Though that you're on Imuran makes me feel like your GI already considers your case severe enough that trying them might be a possibility.