• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Quick question

I have read here that 6mp shouldn't be taken close to milk products...my son is on EEN but the instructions are to take 1/2 hour before food, which is his milk....any thoughts?

Need to contact the dr to clarify tomorrow...

A pharmacist should be able to help you out - timing the meds and specific foods maybe necessary to avoid interactions, or to allow proper uptake.

You're right Milk affects aza/6mp however interestingly it doesn't actually state this on the leaflets or pack so it may only be a very mild effect either way its better to be safe than sorry so i would definately check with the doc. I hope your son is doing ok.

If you could let us know what the doctor said? I take 6 mp and I would be very cusrious to know what he has to say.