• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

'Quiescent pancolitis.' Bemused.....

I went for my flu jab today and to ask at the surgery if they'd heard anything about a follow up appointment after my recent resection. Anyhow, the nurse said there were a few letters on the system and we had a look at them.
The one outlining my hospital stay started with my colonoscopy and MRI results which led to the surgery, and it's the colonoscopy that's floored me a bit.
The letter said 'evidence of quiescent pancolitis.' I'm a bit gobsmacked really. Is that not inactive UC? My diagnosis is Crohn's of the TI with a bladder/bowel fistula and there has never been any mention of UC - I've had four colonoscopies.
The surgery are chasing my follow up so I can ask when I eventually see the GI. Just wondered if anyone here could shed some light.

Pancolitis can be Crohn's throughout the colon, not just UC. I wonder (and hope for you) if this is a documentation error, seeing as this is the first you are hearing of it. If it truly is quiescent pancolitis, have you ever had colon issues or just the TI bladder/bowel fistula problem?

They have always said that my colon was clear so I guess it could be an error. The rest of the letter was accurate and mentioned skipped lesions they found, but that was in the TI area and I believe that's more indicative of Crohn's.