• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ramen Noodles

Lynda Lynda

I would love to hear your opinions and experiences with these packages of ramen noodles sold at the grocery store. Are they safe for Crohn's patients to eat ?

Lady Organic

Staff member
I completely keep away form this type of food. When I was a kid and teen I ate a lot of transformed foods (such as dried ramen noodles) and I believe strongly this is the main contributor (with others) for me developing IBD later on.

I steer clear of those prepackaged foods but if I'm craving Ramen, I buy it fresh from our local Ramen restaurant which only uses fresh ingredients. 🙂

Lynda Lynda

I completely keep away form this type of food. When I was a kid and teen I ate a lot of transformed foods (such as dried ramen noodles) and I believe strongly this is the main contributor (with others) for me developing IBD later on.
I had not eaten a package of ramen noodles for years, until yesterday. That is when I realized the fat content was so high. Then I researched a bit on the internet and read that the ramen noodles do not break down in the digestive system because of the ingredients in it ? Yikes !!