• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ran out of adhesive removal spray?

Hi, I've had my stoma for a year now and only ran out of the Salts adhesive remover that I use once, once was one time too many, never again. However, quite by chance I've discovered something nearly as effective. I took a bath at a friends house and had to use his bath/shower gel. The product is; Cussons Imperial Leather Invigorating Hair & Body Wash For Men. I was quietly soaking and it seemed to melt the adhesive within minutes, so much that I had to rush to get out the bath and tightly wrap a towel tightly so as to get upstairs to change my bag. I didn't need to use any removal spray to complete although it took several wet and dry wipes to remove any greasiness. Hope this might help anyone that runs out of spray before next 'scrip is filled.