• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

ran out of Lialda for a week.....flare

My pharmacy did not have brand name Lialda in stock so had to order it in...it took over a week and I was without the med. Flare symptoms started a few days ago, managed to get prescription from a different pharmacy on vacation and have been back on Lialda for 5 days but symptoms continue. My Humira injection is due in 3 days time and I've emailed my Dr to ask if I should still go ahead with it if still having symptoms.

Do you think being without the Lialda for over a week caused this flare? My Crohn's is in my colon.

This is the second vacation ruined by crohn's....I just feel so bad for my kids.

I have that horrible strong chemical smelling mucus (sorry TMI) and blood, pain is not terrible like flares were before starting Humira.

I am so sorry
I hate to say this but being without Lialda did not help
Sorry about your vacation - it is so hard for others to understand
I had a similar situation and luckily I got my Dr to call in script and then I had my wife drive to some way out pharmacy to get the drugs. Being a guy I wait until the last minute of course - yes I am old and still do not learn

All I can suggest is try and keep some in reserve

I feel your pain

It is really scary how things can change so fast

Hopefully soon you will be full of drugs and back in control

I am so sorry
I hate to say this but being without Lialda did not help
Sorry about your vacation - it is so hard for others to understand
I had a similar situation and luckily I got my Dr to call in script and then I had my wife drive to some way out pharmacy to get the drugs. Being a guy I wait until the last minute of course - yes I am old and still do not learn

All I can suggest is try and keep some in reserve

I feel your pain

It is really scary how things can change so fast

Hopefully soon you will be full of drugs and back in control

thank you for your reply...I hope the Lialda was the cause and this is not a failure of Humira. I'm not too bad today so fingers crossed! Good idea about keeping some Lialda in reserve...I won't let this happen again!