• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rapid Crohns remission

Has anyone read this ebook? Please no negative remarks.. Just curious if its the same information like in crohnsboy, crohnsdad, or listentoyourgut because I have all that information. It was suggested to me by some friends of our family. Thanks

rygon

Looking at the website http://crohnsbreakthrough.com/ it looks like a scam. It badly made, very vague and doesnt give any real information or facts.

Although TNF inhibitors are found in some foods (bottom of wiki page) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNF_inhibitor these are well known to help (check many threads on this site for info on each) and are most probably going to be sourced much cheaply, and possbly of better quality, than where this book recommends.

Im sorry for the negative remarks but I feel that they are justifed

nogutsnoglory

I didn't even read it because every website I have seen with that template has been a marketing scam. I have seen a lot with the same look promising money, website traffic and all kinds of perks.

i have spoken with the owner of the site/author of the book as he has been here a few times. i believe he charges too much for the book, and he has made false claims to be raising money for research. so i dont like his character it is unethical, and that is a good reason to not buy the book.

to use the information in the book, it s risky and not as reliable as he claims for your disease, but he has done a decent job of collecting"interesting" studies and information, but it is clear he doesnt understand that information as well as he claims he does, which is unfortunate. Also, "interesting" studies, are not necessarily, reliable, i would say some of the stuff in the book about anti tnf herbs and such is good information from a research standpoint, and may have potential to help the disease, but its unlikley to be a miraculous solution. i have had way more side effects from herbs then i have ever had from taking lialda, so the claim that herbs are safer then drugs, its not always true. and then again to some degree the herbs have helped at times. From my own experiance from experimentation, i decided that its too risky for me to try anymore herbs, you may stumble upon a great discovery, but, there are also risks involved and it takes time to sort through these things to find the ones that work.

if you are that desparate look into doing a fecal transplant there are 7 clinical trials around the world right now and the studies that have been done so far look promising, it may even cure the disease, herbs will never have that possibility for this disease.