• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rash all over legs

Our daughter has just been in one of the worst flares she has had and now she has a rash all over her legs. This has never happened before.

The only new med is a gas relief med (with Simethicone) and that is it.

I am guessing this is the IBD manifesting itself in a different way.

She has finally found some relief with the gas med and able to get back using her cortifoam..... and now this.

If others have had this, how long did it last, what helps, what symptoms may be coming next?

thank you

I was admitted to hospital during a really bad flare, and after about 4 days I developed a rash on my legs, not sore or itchy, and I thought it was possibly bed sores. The GI doctor took a look, and told me is was a sign of severe crohns and then asked if the student Drs could take a look. The rash disappeared as the IV steroids kicked in.

thanks for the info.. it is important to see different symptoms that develop, and what is done to treat them. i will post what her GI said later today

Interesting to read. I have also developed a rash all over my legs and arms. My pain has also spiked, T4's aren't helping.

My son has eczema all over,mostly torso and arms but also legs and even feet.It's been acting up all winter.Popped up out of nowhere.It's not itchy,just really dry.We went to a dermatologist and they prescribed a cream. It is finally getting better.But I was worried about thinning of the skin,because they said that can happen with too much steroid cream use,so I didn't put it on as often as I should have.Also used over the counter creams.