• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rash on legs???

Hi guys,

When I was first diagnosed, my GI asked me about a few things commonly caused by Crohn's. One of these was a rash on my legs/shins. I didn't have it at the time, but I've got something that's appeared in the last few days.

Just wondering if someone can tell me what the rash associated with Crohn's is called, so I can look it up and then tell myself I'm just being paranoid!

Thanks!!!

These are three I found when I googled it, I've had erythema nodosum. I also developed Schamberg's Disease Progressive Pigmented Purpuric Dermatitis. I hope this helps give you a place to start looking, just keep in mind Imuran, Pred, and Pentasa all can cause rashes and acne on their own.

•Pyoderma gangrenosum
•Erythema nodosum
•Necrotizing small vessel vasculitis

Astra

Hiya georgie

It might be what I had. I had only been on Azathioprine (Imuran) for 2 months and then came out in urticaria (hives) all over my legs. Mine were itchy, bleeding and really hurt. I ignored it for a few weeks, kept putting calamine lotion on, then went to gastro. He was sooooooooo shocked! He said the Aza was toxic to my system and I was allergic to it.
So, how long have you been on Aza?
Are your legs itchy?
Need to tell gastro hun
xxxx

They're not itchy, don't bleed and don't hurt. And this morning there's less of them (only about 6). And I looked up Mountaingems suggestions and it's none of those...if it gets worse again I'll see the doc.

Thanks ladies for the replies.