• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rays Of Sunshine

Hi I put this in the parents section as I think you might be interested,

My nurse told me about a wish giving company called rays of sunshine, they are like make a wish, but the best part is they grant Small wishes to people with an ongoing illness that is not terminal.
So allthough I am "not sick enough" to meet a celebrity or go on holiday, I am getting a gaming computer! YAY!

They give them out to arthritis patients(just an example), the terminally unwell, and people with Stoma's and ongoing illness' (like crohns!) which is awesome!

The type of wish you can get is like a day out somewhere, go and see a play, get a ipad/computer or get your bedroom decorated or something.

I really wanted to go out for a day but as my computer broke and I do my school online It was sensible to ask for a new one, but its a really cool gaming one that looks awesome!

Hope you might be able to get your child a wish :)

That's great Ki3, Thanks for posting. I wonder if they have anything similar in the states. Have fun with your computer as the mother of 2 teenagers I know how much time can be spent on them :)

Haha I do love computers, but as I have social anxiety I attend an online school, so without a computer I can't attend so it is mainly for education reasons.

But still it can play all my PC games mwahahahaha