• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Re-introducing Agent X20

Haven't been on the forum for a long time and I recently got a little email reminding me that you're all still here. So I thought I'd have a look at how everyone is getting on.

A few re-introduction details: I've had Crohns for over 40 years. It feels like I've got off quite lightly (fingers still crossed) but when I look backwards I've definitely had my bad moments. Haven't had surgery to date, but I've been on Asacol (mesalazine) and Azathioprine for a few years now... don't feel inclined to alter anything while it seems to be working.

I've felt well for the last three years... and this just happens to coincide with being made redundant at work... so in retrospect it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Nothing will ever convince me that stress is not a major cause of flare-ups.

Anyway... hi, everyone... I'm now going to have a little look around the different threads.

afidz

Super Moderator
Welcome back! I look forward to being acquainted with you! I am sure you noticed a lot has changed around here, shoot a lot has changed just since I joined last June!
I saw that you are feeling better, does that mean you are in remission?

Hi Afidz... had to check on the definition of remission, so now I can confidently say: "I don't know". On one hand I wouldn't feel confident to stop taking the drugs, and I can't say I'm entirely free of symptoms. On the other hand, the area in my ascending colon that had been full of "multiple internal fistulas" (so I was told) seems to have greatly healed... apart from the scar tissue. And I do feel much better on a day to day basis.. so it's as good as remision!

And... hi, Dan... a blast from the past.. hope you're OK

Hi Agent X20, I definitely agree that stress makes Crohn's worse. I have been having lots of problems at work and have recently flared up, also the first time I was taken into hospital and diagnosed with IBD was the month after my mother passed away. So I definitely think its a contributing factor. Glad to hear you are feeling well now! :)