• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Re-introduction

My name is Elizabeth and I've been on this forum for years but the past four years I've been inactive due to my declining health. I've kept up with a lot of you though via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram but if you weren't here or don't remember me here's my background:

I was diagnosed at the age of 13 with several illnesses, one of them being Crohn's Disease. I'll be 20 this summer. I have been on every medication under the sun and have never been in remission. I'm currently looking into having surgery to remove some small intestine and my colon and/or get in a clinical trial. I have two separate feeding tubes-one G-tube and the other is a J-tube. I use the G-tube to drain my stomach since it's partially paralyzed from Gastroparesis and I use the J-tube to do feeds with. I had a port put in last year also since I'm always in the hospital and my veins are worn(as I'm sure you all know the feeling too well). I mainly came back on here for just extra support, questions and to be amongst other Crohnies/UCers. Although I've always been very active with the chronic illness community on Instagram and Twitter, it helps being in the presence of other IBD veterans <3

If you have any questions feel free to ask! I'm an open book :smile: